These Berry Swirl Cheesecake Bars are made with a delicious layer of rich and creamy cheesecake over a Graham cracker crust then topped with blueberries and the best raspberry swirl.
These Berry Swirl Cheesecake Bars are so luscious and incredibly easy to make. The cheesecake layer is flavored with lemon which adds such vibrant flavor to the creamy cheese cake. Fresh blueberries and fresh raspberries add such freshness to this cheesecake bars recipe.
Although these easy cheesecake bars are baked in the oven for about 30 minutes, they don’t require a water bath. You don’t have to stress about cracks or or the center collapsing.
Berry Swirl Cheesecake Bars Ingredients
- For The Crust: Graham Crackers, Unsalted Butter, Sugar, Ground Cinnamon.
- For The Classic Cheesecake: Cream cheese (full fat), eggs, sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla.
- The Berries: Fresh blueberries, fresh raspberries, sugar.
How To Make Cheesecake Bars
- The first step is to make the cookie crust. Place the graham crackers in a food processor and pulse until fine crumbs are form. Place the crumbs in a bowl and mix with the butter, sugar and cinnamon.
- Press the crumb mixture into a baking pan. Bake until golden brown. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool.
- Next, prepare the cheesecake layer. With an electric mixer beat the cream cheese and sugar. Add the eggs one at a time, then add the lemon juice, zest and vanilla and mix until smooth. Top the graham crust with the creamy mixture.
- Prepare the fresh raspberry swirl by pureeing the raspberries with the sugar. Pass the fruit sauce through a strainer to get rid of the seeds.
- Dollop the sauce over the creamy cheesecake layer and with the help of a skewers make swirls. Top with fresh blueberries and bake.
- Cool and refrigerate to allow for the cheesecake to set before cutting into bars.
You have questions? We have answers!
How Long Will These Cheesecake Bars Keep?
You can keep the Berry Swirl Cheesecake Bars stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Can I Freeze Cheesecake Bars?
Yes, these swirl cheesecake can be frozen for up to 2 months. Make sure you wrap them tightly and place them in the freezer.in an airtight container before freezing them.
Cheesecake Bars Recipe Tips
- To make the cheesecake layer, make sure the cream cheese is at room temperature (not chilled) . This helps to have a very smooth and creamy cheesecake layer.
- This cheesecake bar recipe can be made with any fresh berry available. Strawberries, blackberries, blueberries and cherries all work great.
- Keep in mind that you will need time to cool the cheesecake before cutting it into bars. These amazing bars are totally worth the wait.
- In restaurants, we freeze the bars for one hour to speed up the waiting process, then we cut them into bite size pieces.
Take A Look At These Other Dessert Recipes:
This post was first published in 2017 and has been updated to provide the reader with additional information. The recipe remains the same.
Inspired by this recipe from Tyler Florence.
Follow me on social media for more recipe ideas & inspiration!
Berry Swirl Cheesecake Bars
FOR THE CRUST
FOR THE FILLING
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
FOR THE SWIRL AND THE REST
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1 -2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease or spray an 8 x 8 inch baking dish. Line the dish with parchment paper leaving an overhang, so you can pull the cheesecake out of the dish when is done.
- Stir the graham cracker crumbs, butter, sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl until well mixed.
- Press the crumb mixture firmly into the bottom of the baking dish. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly golden and fragrant. Remove from the oven and let it cool.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth, add the eggs one at a time, beating in between each addition. Add the lemon zest and juice and the vanilla and beat until well combine and smooth.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the cool crust.
TO MAKE THE BERRY SWIRL
- Add the raspberries and sugar to a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Press through a fine mesh strainer, discarding any seeds and pulp that remain.
- Using a spoon, dollop the raspberry sauce on top of the unbake cheesecake, and swirl into the batter using a skewer or a fork.
- Top the cheesecake with the blueberries, pressing lightly. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until set around the edges.
- Cool and then refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Once set, remove from the baking dish using the parchment paper.
- Cut into bars and enjoy!
- You need at least 3 hours of cooling (inactive) time before cutting the bars into portions.