Last updated on August 27th, 2018 at 09:17 am
THESE SWIRL CHEESECAKE BARS HAVE A GRAHAM CRACKER CRUST AND ARE STUDDED WITH FRESH BLUEBERRIES AND SWIRLED WITH FRESH RASPBERRIES. THEY ARE A BIT SWEET, A BIT TART AND ALL CREAMY!
Creamy, smooth, bright and delicious, these Mixed Berry Swirl Cheesecake Bars are quick and easy to make. The perfect stress-free dessert to make for your next party or get together!
There’s no denying, I’ve been going through a “berry phase” ever since I visited my local farmers market. While living in Southern California, there was never a lack of fresh local produce. We had berries growing all around us and local farmers markets and fruit stands weren’t uncommon or a big deal to me. I was spoiled!
Now we get to enjoy four seasons and of course some seasons bring a “lack” of fruit stands on every other corner! It’s all good…. my appreciation is now greater and my desire to buy bucket-fulls of fresh fruit eminent!
After realizing we could not possibly eat all the berries I bought, I decided to start cooking and baking. I was searching for an easy cheesecake recipe. Something I could make quickly, not too rich but creamy and bright. Yes I know, we don’t think “bright” when it comes to cheesecakes but trust me this is not a heavy cheesecake. Lemon juice, lemon zest and pureed raspberries really brightens up the flavors of these Mixed Berry Swirl Cheesecake Bars. Add to that, the fresh blueberries and you have summer on a plate (or on a bar)!.
- Feel free to use any type of berry you have available. Strawberries work great!
- You will need 3 hours to cool the cheesecake before cutting it into bars. Yes, painful but be patient!. These Mixed Berry Swirl Cheesecake bars are totally worth the wait!
- In restaurants, we freeze cheesecakes for about an hour to speed up the cooling/setting process!
- In love with berries?
This Very Berry Bread Pudding – is the perfect make ahead sweet treat to enjoy for brunch or as a dessert! Feeling like making dessert in less than 20 minutes? This Mixed Berry Fool is all that and a bag
of chipsmeringue cookies!!! I mean it is delicious and you will only need a few meringue cookies!!
Inspired by this recipe from Tyler Florence
WANT TO TRY THESE MIXED BERRY SWIRL CHEESECAKE BARS?
PIN THEM TO YOUR DESSERT BOARD TO MAKE THEM LATER!!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
Mixed Berry Swirl Cheesecake Bars
FOR THE CRUST
- 1 1/4 cups graham crackers crumbs
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
FOR THE FILLING
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 lemon zested and juiced
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
FOR THE SWIRL AND THE REST
- 1/2 cup raspberries
- 1 -2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 cup blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease or spray an 8 x 8 inch baking dish. Line the dish with parchment paper leaving an overhang, so you can pull the cheesecake out of the dish when is done.
- Stir the graham cracker crumbs, butter, sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl until well mixed.
- Press the crumb mixture firmly into the bottom of the baking dish. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until lightly golden and fragrant. Remove from the oven and let it cool.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar until smooth, add the eggs one at a time, beating in between each addition. Add the lemon zest and juice and the vanilla and beat until well combine and smooth.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture into the cool crust.
TO MAKE THE BERRY SWIRL
- Add the raspberries and sugar to a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Press through a fine mesh strainer, discarding any seeds and pulp that remain.
- Using a spoon, dollop the raspberry sauce on top of the unbake cheesecake, and swirl into the batter using a skewer or a fork.
- Top the cheesecake with the blueberries, pressing lightly. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until set around the edges.
- Cool and then refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Once set, remove from the baking dish using the parchment paper.
- Cut into bars and enjoy!
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
THINGS YOU MAY NEED