Last updated on May 17th, 2018 at 01:23 pm
This Mixed Berry Clafoutis is silky, smooth and fruity. This French style Clafouti recipe is scrumptious yet incredibly easy to make. Definitely a dessert to impress!
Would you like to win all sorts of amazing products? Enter the giveaway below!
WANT TO TRY THIS MIXED BERRY CLAFOUTIS?
PIN IT TO YOUR APPETIZER BOARD!!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, at room temperature for greasing the pan
- 6 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 2/3 cups half and half or milk
- 2/3 cups sugar, plus 3 tablespoons for the pan and the top
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup flour
- 10 ounces frozen berries (I used Wyman's Triple Berry Mix with Wild Blueberries)
- Powdered sugar for serving (optional)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Grease a 3 qt baking dish or Dutch oven and sprinkle it with 1 tablespoon of sugar.
Add the eggs, milk, 2/3 cup sugar, vanilla, orange zest, salt and flour to a blender. Blend on high for about 30 seconds or until a smooth batter forms.
Sprinkle the frozen mixed berries over the bottom of the baking dish or Dutch oven. Pour the batter over the mixed berries and sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar over the top.
Bake for about 25 - 30 minutes or until the clafoutis is puffed and just set.
Remove from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes. It will deflate a bit.
Serve with a dust of powdered sugar (optional).