Last updated on July 11th, 2018 at 09:53 pm
This Mixed Berry Clafoutis is silky, smooth and fruity. This French style Clafouti recipe is scrumptious yet incredibly easy to make. Definitely a dessert to impress!
WANT TO TRY THIS MIXED BERRY CLAFOUTIS?
PIN IT TO YOUR APPETIZER BOARD!!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
Mixed Berry Clafoutis
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, at room temperature for greasing the pan
- 6 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 2/3 cups half and half or milk
- 2/3 cups sugar, plus 3 tablespoons for the pan and the top
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup flour
- 10 ounces frozen berries (I used Wyman's Triple Berry Mix with Wild Blueberries)
- Powdered sugar for serving (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a 3 qt baking dish or Dutch oven and sprinkle it with 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Add the eggs, milk, 2/3 cup sugar, vanilla, orange zest, salt and flour to a blender. Blend on high for about 30 seconds or until a smooth batter forms.
- Sprinkle the frozen mixed berries over the bottom of the baking dish or Dutch oven. Pour the batter over the mixed berries and sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar over the top.
- Bake for about 25 - 30 minutes or until the clafoutis is puffed and just set.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes. It will deflate a bit.
- Serve with a dust of powdered sugar (optional).