Last updated on November 16th, 2018 at 09:52 pm
This Mexican Tuna Salad is delicious and very easy to make. It is packed with tuna, roasted corn, tomatoes, avocados, black beans, onions and tossed in a light and tasty lime dressing. This protein-packed, healthy and easy tuna salad is one everyone will enjoy!
Thank you Wild Selections® for sponsoring this post. For a more sustainable meal, be sure to check out
Wild Selections® premium seafood – it’s always healthy, always Marine Stewardship Council certified, and always delicious!
I am always looking for flavorful and protein-rich salads. I find that tuna is the easiest way to add healthy and lean protein to my meals without having to turn on the oven, stove or grill.
For quite a while I’ve been using Wild Selections Solid White Albacore Tuna in Water. It’s truly the highest quality and tastiest canned tuna. Besides that, there are other things that make me choose Wild Selections® over any other canned seafood product. Here are a few things I love about them:
- Wild Selections® truly cares about and deeply acts on sustainability.
- Wild Selections® sources its wild-caught seafood only from ocean areas that have been certified sustainable to the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) Standard – the world’s leading certification program for wild caught,
- The seafood is sourced from ocean areas where fish are healthy and plentiful. Talk about knowing where your food comes from!
- No weird ingredients added! All Wild Selections® products use simple ingredients and are non-GMO.
Now back to this super tasty Mexican Tuna Salad. The ingredients are simple and the dressing could not be easier to make! I particularly love tuna salads without mayo and this one delivers in flavor. Trust me you will not miss the mayo at all!
- You can use Wild Selections Solid White Albacore Tuna in Olive Oil for this recipe. Equally amazing and equally delicious!
- You can use regular (non-roasted) corn for this recipe. If frozen, thaw before mixing it with the rest of the ingredients.
- You can eat this salad immediately after tossing (because trust me, who could wait?) but it taste better if it sits for at least 20 minutes so the flavors develop and meld together.
- If your avocado is a bit over-ripe, add just before serving.
WANT TO TRY THIS MEXICAN TUNA SALAD?
PIN IT TO YOUR SALAD BOARD!!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here
are all my own.
Mexican Tuna Salad
For the Salad
- 2 cans Wild Selections Solid White Albacore Tuna In Water
- 1 (15-ounces) can fire roasted corn, drained (see note1)
- 1 (15-ounces) can black beans, rinsed and well drained
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 - 2 avocados, seeded, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
For the Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3-4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
To Make the Vinaigrette
- Whisk the lime juice and olive oil together. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste.
To Make the Mexican Tuna Salad
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl. (see note 2)
- Pour the vinaigrette over the salad and gently toss to combine. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste. You can serve immediately or refrigerate covered, for about 20 minutes to let the flavors meld together.
- Note 1: You can roast corn easily at home. For instructions on how to roast corn, check out this recipe
- Note 2: If you are not serving immediately, you can add the avocado when ready to serve to prevent discoloration.
NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!