This homemade Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing is made with a handful of ingredients and tastes so much better than store bought salad dressings. A bit sweet, tangy and creamy, this Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing is wonderful drizzled over mixed greens and fruit salads.
If you prefer making your own homemade salad dressings, take a look at this Greek Salad Dressing recipe!
This Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing is easy to make, super versatile and a good vinaigrette or dressing to keep in the refrigerator ready to toss with fresh baby spinach, salad greens, fruit and even grains like quinoa and farro.
This particular salad dressing recipe goes very well with salad made with fruits like apples, strawberries, pears and oranges. The combination of savory sweet and the brightness of the lemon juice make this dressing absolutely irresistable.
Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing Ingredients
- Lemon: using fresh lemon juice is a must. Nothing compares to the freshness and taste of real lemons.
- Oil: I use mild olive oil. You can use vegetable or avocado oil or a combination of mild tasting oil.
- Dijon Mustard: Mustard help emulsifying salad dressings and vinaigrettes and add nice flavor.
- Honey: I prefer using local raw honey. You can use maple syrup or granulated sugar also.
- Poppy Seeds: Because you can’t make poppy seeds dressing without poppy seeds!
- Optional: Plain Greek Yogurt or Mayonnaise for creaminess.
How Long Does Poppy Seed Dressing Lasts?
this homemade salad dressing will keep refrigerated up to a week. if you add Greek yogurt or mayonnaise, you can keep it refrigerated for about 5 days.
Welcome to #LemonWeek 2021 hosted by Lynn from Fresh April Flours! What better way to welcome summer than with over 50 recipes featuring bright and sunny lemons? Come join me and my fellow Lemon Week bloggers as we bring you recipes from appetizers to drinks to entrées and desserts!
Follow me on social media for more recipe ideas & inspiration!
Lemon Poppy Seed Dressing
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, honey, Dijon mustard, poppy seeds, salt, pepper and yogurt or mayonnaise if using.
- Continue whisking while slowly adding the oil. Taste for seasoning.
Friday #LemonWeek Recipes
- Lemon Mousse by Fresh April Flours
- Lemon Bundt Cake by House of Nash Eats
- Between The Sheets Cocktail by A Day in the Life on the Farms
- Strawberry Vodka Lemonade by SueBee Homemaker
- Greek Lemon Potatoes by The Spiffy Cookie
- Bourbon Lemonade by Our Good Life
- Strawberry Vodka Pink Lemonade by Our Crafty Cocktail
- Baked Lemon Pasta by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Lemoncello Tiramisu by The Redhead Baker
- Lemony Baby Bok Choy Apple and Miso Salad by Shockingly Delicious
- Greek Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette by Making Miracles
- Lemon and Rice Cheese Bombs by Magical Ingredients
- Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins by Devour Dinner