Last updated on April 10th, 2019 at 09:09 pm
These oven roasted beets are hearty, tasty a bit crispy on the outside and ready to be dipped in a light and creamy Herb Yogurt Dip. The perfect healthy and fun appetizer to enjoy at your next party or game night and a great after school snack option!
I wrote about How To Roast Beets (whole) in my previous Roasted Beet Salad with Orange Honey Vinaigrette and Crispy Goat Cheese post. For this recipe, the beets are cut like French fries so the cooking time is cut in half. You can have tender beet fries ready in 30 minutes or less!
We all need a healthier appetizer option on our recipe arsenal. Whether you decided to start eating healthier, gluten free, vegetarian or have friends that follow any of these type of eating styles – one can only eat so many cheesy and decadent appetizers at one party!
Of course, a healthier option should never be a bland option and these Oven Roasted Beets are far from that! They are crispy and so flavorful that I had to stop myself from eating them all while I was taking the photos. I mean seriously they are so good and good for you!
Some of the Health Benefits of Beets
- Beets are high in immune-boosting vitamin C, fiber, and essential minerals like potassium.
- They help lower your blood pressure.
- Beets help fight inflammation (excellent for people with autoimmune diseases like lupus)
- Beets support detoxification as they help to purify your blood and your liver.
- Beets help reduce the risk of heart disease.
The Herbed Yogurt Dip only has 4 ingredients! It’s creamy and light with a fresh taste from the herbs and a hint of citrus from the lemon zest. I can dip myself in it – it’s that good! Feel free to dip other vegetables, fish sticks and even chicken tenders in it. It will also be a good topping for pan seared fish or grill meats.
- The Herbed Yogurt dip really taste better the longer it sits in the refrigerator and will keep refrigerated sealed in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Serve the Oven Roasted Beets as a side dish instead of French fries.
- If you are looking for other light appetizer ideas these Baked Greek Meatballs are always a big hit! They can also be a great topping for salads. Serve them with this easy Greek Tzatziki Sauce. Add some pita bread and turn them into the perfect light lunch!
WANT TO TRY THIS OVEN ROASTED BEETS WITH HERBED YOGURT DIP ?
PIN IT TO YOUR APPETIZER, SNACKS OR SIDE DISHES BOARD!!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
Crispy Oven Roasted Beets with Herbed Yogurt Dip
For the Beets
For the Herbed Yogurt Dip
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped mint
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet pan with parchment paper or foil.
- Clean and peel the beets and cut off both ends. Cut them in half width wise; cut each half into 1/4-inch strips (like French fries).
- Place the beet strips on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with the spices. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste. Toss to coat.
- Place in the oven and roast for 20 to 30 minutes or until tender, flipping a couple of times throughout the cooking process.
- Remove from the oven and serve with the herbed yogurt dip.
To Make the Herbed Yogurt Dipping Sauce
- In a small bowl mix all the ingredients together until well combine.
KEEP IN TOUCH AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!