Last updated on April 30th, 2018 at 10:43 pm
This Avocado Hummus is creamy, tasty and easy to make. The perfect homemade gluten-free, vegan and healthy dip to enjoy any time. The best part is, you can make it in less than 10 minutes!
My youngest son is vegetarian. I cook vegetarian meals for him daily, but sometimes when time is limited or I don’t feel like cooking, I wish I could reach to the freezer and bake some chicken nuggets and call it a day! I did that for my oldest son but for the little one, it is important I find vegetarian meals and snacks that are tasty and nutritious.
Creamy Avocado Hummus
This creamy Avocado Hummus recipe is made in less than 10 minutes! Add the ingredients into a food processor and whip up this dip in no time! Just a handful of ingredients produces the most delicious healthy veggie dip perfect to serve with many of Dr. Praeger’s wonderful products. A slather of this dip on top of their California Veggie Burger is a thing of delicious beauty!
We love serving this Avocado Hummus with Dr. Praeger’s Spinach Littles, not only they are super tasty but also the cutest! They come shaped as dinosaurs and stars – nutritious and fun! We also enjoy them with their Carrot Puffs – another favorite at my house!
About Dr. Praeger’s Purely Sensible Foods
- Dr. Praeger’s was founded over 25 years ago by Dr. Peter Praeger, a distinguished cardiologist. The company is now run by his son Larry and other family members.
- Their mission is to encourage sensible eating using ingredients that are of high quality and nutritious.
- They only use real recognizable ingredients — vegetables, herbs and grains people know and love.
- They serve a variety of dietary restrictions, including gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan.
- All of their products are Kosher certified, and many are Non-GMO Project Verified and certified Gluten Free.
- I use 2 avocados for this recipe. If your avocados are not very creamy (soft/ripe), you may need to add additional water to the recipe. Add one tablespoon at a time until you reach a creamy/dip consistency.
- If you don’t like cilantro, feel free to omit it or replace it with parsley or even a handful of spinach leaves.
- Don’t forget to enter the Mom Blog Tour Super Colossal Giveaway – link below!! Thanks to our amazing sponsors, we have a giveaway worth $1,500 in healthy foods and products!
WANT TO TRY THIS CREAMY AVOCADO HUMMUS DIP?
PIN IT TO YOUR APPETIZER, DIP OR SNACK BOARD!!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
- 1 (15-ounces) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, seeded and cut into big chunks
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Cilantro (a handful or the equivalent of 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro)
- 2 tablespoons water (plus more if needed)
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Combine all the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Process until the mixture is smooth and creamy. You may need to add extra water (one tablespoon at the time) to reach the proper consistency (creamy/dip).Adjust seasoning to taste.
Spoon the hummus into a serving bowl and serve.