Egg Muffins are the perfect grab-and-go and make ahead breakfast for busy mornings. These tasty egg cups are light and fluffy and loaded with ham, bell peppers and cheese.
At home we absolutely love eggs for breakfasts but most mornings we barely have time for dried cereal. These delicious egg muffins are a great healthy breakfast option high in protein and low in carbs that can be made easily and quickly. To make things better, these breakfast muffins can also be made ahead and also freeze beautifully.
Egg Muffins Ingredients
This simple recipe is similar to a classic Denver Omelet. Diced red bell peppers, green bell peppers, diced ham and cheddar cheese make these breakfast muffins absolutely irresistible!
- Half and Half – you can use cream or milk.
- Cooked Ham – I bought diced ham but you can use leftover ham as well.
- Red bell peppers and green bell peppers.
- Cheddar Cheese
- Garlic powder and dried mustard.
How To Make These Egg Cups
- Preheat the oven and grease a standard 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, Half and Half, salt, pepper, ground mustard and garlic powder.
- Using a small ladle, divide the egg mixture evenly among the muffin cups.
- Top each muffin cup with diced ham, diced bell peppers and cheese. Bake and serve.
Storing and Reheating Egg Muffins
- Before storing, cool the egg muffins completely. Place the egg cups in an airtight container or in a zip top bag, Store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or freeze for up to 2 months.
- The best way to reheat these muffins is in the microwave. You can reheat each muffin for about 20 to 30 seconds or until heated through.
Egg Cups Recipe Tips
- You can double this recipe to feed a crowd.
- Grease the muffin tin well to prevent the eggs from sticking.
- These little individual portable frittatas can be topped with salsa, guacamole and extra cheese!
- This breakfast recipe can be customized to your taste or you can use anything you have in your fridge. Chopped crispy bacon, cooked sausage or diced cooked turkey. Use veggies like chopped broccoli, spinach, tomatoes, kale, mushrooms or olives. Instead of cheddar, use Monterrey Jack cheese, goat cheese or Feta cheese.
Other Easy Breakfast Ideas:
Follow me on social media for more recipe ideas & inspiration!
Breakfast Egg Muffins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 12-cup muffin tin with non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
- Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl. Whisk in the Half & Half, salt, ground black pepper, garlic powder and ground mustard.
- Divide the egg mixture evenly among the muffin cups.
- Top each cup evenly with cooked ham, diced red and green bell peppers and cheese.
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until the eggs are set. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.