Last updated on April 14th, 2019 at 09:05 pm
This Baked Brie Cheese with Strawberries is so easy to make and incredibly delicious. Brie cheese is stuffed with a mixture of brown sugar, cashews and almonds then baked until warm and gooey. To make it even more amazing, I top it with a fresh balsamic-mint strawberry salsa.
How To Make Baked Brie Cheese with Strawberries
- I start with Back To Nature Jumbo Cashews, Back To Nature Unsalted California Almonds and brown sugar. I place them in a small food processor and process until the nuts are coarsely chopped. Don’t over do it, we want a bit of crunch from the nuts.
- After reserving one tablespoon of the nut/sugar mixture, I slice open the brie cheese, and add some of the sugar/nut mixture inside. I place the sliced cheese back on and top it all with the remaining sugar and nuts.
- While the brie bakes, I prepare the strawberries. Chopped strawberries are tossed with balsamic vinegar, fresh mint and a tablespoon of sugary/nut goodness!
To serve this Baked Brie Cheese with Strawberries, there is nothing better than crackers! Back To Nature has a wonderful assortment sure to please every palate! There’s no need to pick just one type – they are all so tasty and go so well with this baked brie appetizer!
WANT TO TRY THIS BAKED BRIE CHEESE WITH STRAWBERRIES?
PIN IT TO YOUR APPETIZER BOARD!!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
Baked Brie Cheese with Strawberries
- 1/4 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 8 ounces strawberries, diced
- 1 teaspoon mint, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 12 - 14 ounces round wheel brie cheese
- Crackers for serving
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the cashews, almonds and brown sugar in a small food processor. Pulse until the nuts are coarsely chopped. Remove one tablespoon of the nut/sugar mixture and reserve for later.
- Slice the top off the round of brie with one straight, horizontal cut. Remove the top.
- Sprinkle half of the nut/sugar mixture evenly on the bottom half of the brie round. Place the top part of the brie on top of the nut/sugar mixture (like making a sandwich). Sprinkle the top of the brie round with the remaining nut/sugar mixture.
- Carefully place the brie on the parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- While the brie is baking, toss the strawberries with the reserved nut/sugar mixture, the balsamic vinegar and mint.
- Remove the brie from the oven and top with the strawberries. Serve immediately with assorted crackers.
KEEP IN TOUCH AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!