Rich and decadent chocolate brownie pudding taste like a pan of warm fudgy chocolate brownies with a deliciously gooey center that resembles a molten lava cake. This brownie pudding dessert recipe is a chocolate lover’s dream!
Gooey Chocolate Brownie Pudding
If a rich chocolate pudding, a chocolate lava cake, and a delicious brownie had a baby, it would be this chocolate brownie pudding cake! I think that’s the best way to describe this indulgently decadent dessert.
This chocolate lover’s dream recipe is made with only 7 ingredients and doesn’t require any special skills. Actually, this recipe is very easy to put together and delivers a simple but impressive dessert sure to satisfy your chocolate cravings.
Why you’ll love this easy recipe?
- Flavor: Chocolate front and center. Rich, indulgent and ooey-gooey.
- Easy: Although made from scratch (no chocolate pudding mix or brownie mix are used), this recipe is very straight forward with simple steps that anyone can follow.
- Sophisticated: This is one of those chocolate desserts you can proudly serve at a dinner party, on special occasions and during the holidays.
Brownie Pudding Ingredients:
For the full list of ingredients and quantities, check the printable recipe card below.
- Chocolate: Using good quality chocolate actually makes a difference! You cannot make a good chocolate dessert with poor quality chocolate. I use bittersweet or semi-sweet chocolate bars which work better than melting chocolate chips.
- Brown Sugar: I use light brown sugar.
- Eggs: Eggs act as a binder while adding richness and providing structure to baked goods. I use large eggs at room temperature.
- Flour: I use purpose flour.
- Butter: I prefer using unsalted butter for baking but you can use salted butter if that’s what you have at home.
How to make this chocolate brownie pudding recipe?
This is just a quick walk through the recipe so you know in advanced the steps you need to take. For detailed instructions and cooking times, check the printable recipe card below.
- Prep: Preheat the oven and grease a baking dish with butter or non stick cooking spray.
- Melt: In a medium bowl melt the butter. Add the chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Mix: In the bowl of an electric mixer beat the eggs, egg yolks, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and salt, on medium-high speed for about 4 minutes. Fold in the melted chocolate mixture and the flour until just combined, scraping the bottom of the pan with a rubber spatula to ensure the chocolate is well combined.
- Bake: Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and smooth the top with a spatula. Bake in the preheated oven for about 17 if you want a molten center or up to 20 minutes for cake consistency. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Serve warm.
What to serve with this chocolate dessert?
We like serving brownie pudding with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and berries and fresh mint.
Brownie Pudding Tips for success
- For a fudgy, gooey center, make sure you don’t over bake the brownie pudding.
- Use good quality chocolate bars.
- You can substitute vanilla extract with vanilla paste or a vanilla bean.
- This dessert is best served warm (topped with ice cream of course!)
Other Chocolate Dessert Ideas:
- Best Homemade Chocolate Cake
- Copycat Crumbl Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cupcakes
- Coca Cola Cake Recipe
Follow me on social media for more recipe ideas & inspiration! Pinterest Facebook Instagram My Newsletter
Chocolate Brownie Pudding
- ½ cup (1 stick or 113 grams) unsalted butter, plus more for greasing the pan
- 6 ounces (170 grams) bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2/3 cup (144 grams) brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup (43 grams) all-purpose flour
- Confectioners' sugar for dusting (optional)
To serve: (optional)
- Vanilla ice cream, whipped cream, berries
- Set an oven rack in the middle position and preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C) Grease a 2-quart (2 L) baking dish with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, melt the butter in the microwave. When the butter is completely melted, add the chocolate and stir until smooth. If the chocolate is not completely melted and smooth, microwave in small intervals, for 10-20 seconds until smooth.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or in a handheld mixer, beat the eggs, egg yolks, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt, on medium-high speed for about 4 minutes. Fold in the melted chocolate mixture and the flour until just combined, scrapping the bottom of the pan to make sure the chocolate is well combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and smooth the top with a spatula. Bake for about 17 minutes for a molten center or for to 20 minutes if you prefer more of a cake consistency. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Serve warm, dusted with confectioners’ sugar (optional).
Leave a Review!