Enjoy the satisfying flavors of a delicious cheeseburger in this easy-to-make, one-pot cheesy Cheeseburger Pasta Bake! This hearty pasta bake is perfect for weeknight meals!
This post has been sponsored by Prego®. All thoughts and opinions are my
You can find this incredibly delicious Prego®+ Hidden with Super Veggies sauce in the Italian sauce aisle of your local Kroger.
One of the best things about creating recipes and sharing them with you is that I get to try, and cook with, amazing new products from brands that I always use and love, like Prego®. Just take a look at my Lemon Garlic Parmesan Shrimp Pasta made with Prego®
This easy-to-make, one-pot, no-boiling-required Cheeseburger Pasta Bake is made with browned lean ground beef, crispy bacon, lots of cheese and Prego®+ Hidden with Super Veggies – Flavored with Meat.
I went to my local Kroger the other day and found this amazing new sauce: Prego®+ Hidden with Super Veggies – Flavored with Meat. I thought – hidden veggies? Sign me up!
It’s no secret that I’m always trying to incorporate and hide extra veggies in all my recipes, especially because my teenage son is picky when it comes to vegetables.
Since I’ve been using Prego® pasta sauces for years, I decided to give this sauce a try. I’m so glad I did!
Prego®+ Hidden with Super Veggies – Flavored with Meat is a smooth sauce with a hidden blend of 6 super-veggies (sweet potato, carrot, cauliflower, butternut squash, spinach and roasted red pepper). The Prego® taste and texture your family loves!
How To Make This Cheeseburger Pasta Bake
This easy Pasta Bake is made in an oven-safe skillet. You can top the dish with bacon – think bacon cheeseburger – or skip the bacon, if you prefer. I will tell you how to make this pasta recipe both ways.
- In an oven-safe skillet, cook the bacon (if using) over medium heat until crispy. Remove the bacon from the skillet and pour out most of the rendered bacon fat, leaving some in the pan to sauté the veggies and brown the ground beef.
- If not using bacon, heat the olive oil in an oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Sauté the onions for about 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly for about a minute.
- Add the ground beef to the skillet and cook until no longer pink.
- Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, ground mustard, salt and ground pepper.
- Add the Prego®+ Hidden with Super Veggies – Flavored with Meat and mix to combine.
- Add water, elbow macaroni pasta and stir well. Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, uncover, and top with cheese and bacon (if using). Bake uncovered for about 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Serve garnished with chopped onions and chopped parsley.
If you prefer to use a different pasta than elbow macaroni, go for a short pasta shape like mini penne or small to medium shells.
This easy cheeseburger casserole bakes for 25 minutes total. In the first 20 minutes, the pasta cooks to tender perfection. Then, the pasta bake is topped with cheese and baked for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
Cheeseburger Pasta Bake Recipe Tips
- Make sure you use a skillet or pan that can go from stove top to oven.
- You can try other toppings like chopped tomatoes, chopped pickles and thinly sliced scallions.
- I prefer using lean ground beef for this Cheeseburger Pasta recipe.
- I love cheddar cheese on my burgers so that’s the cheese I’m using for this recipe however, you can use Colby Jack, American cheese or mozzarella.
Find Prego®+ Hidden with Super Veggies sauce at your local Kroger.
Follow me on social media for more recipe ideas & inspiration!
Cheeseburger Pasta Bake
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (only to use if bacon is not used)
- 1 small onion, chopped plus more for garnishing, if desired
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons ground dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt plus more to taste
- 1 (25-ounces) jar of Prego®+ Hidden with Super Veggies – Flavored with Meat
- 3 cups dried, uncooked elbow macaroni pasta
- 2 cups water
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- Chopped parsley (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In an oven safe skillet, cook the bacon (if using) over medium heat until crispy. Remove the bacon from the skillet and place it on a paper towel lined plate. Crumble the bacon.
- Pour out most of the rendered bacon fat, leaving some in the pan (about a tablespoon) to saute the veggies and brown the ground beef.
- If not using bacon, heat the olive oil in an oven safe skillet over medium heat. Saute the onions for about 3-4 minutes. Add the garlic and cook stirring constantly for about a minute.
- Add the ground beef to the skillet and cook, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon for about 4 to 5 minutes or until cooked through and no longer pink.
- Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, ground mustard, salt and ground pepper. Next, add the Prego®+ Hidden with Super Veggies – Flavored with Meat and mix to combine.
- Add the elbow macaroni pasta and 2 cups of water. Stir well to combine. Bring the mixture to a boil and immediately remove from the heat.
- Cover the skillet with a lid or aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the oven, remove lid or foil and stir well. Top the pasta with cheese and bacon (if using). Bake uncovered for about 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Serve, garnished with chopped onions and chopped parsley (optional).