This flavorful Southwest Couscous Salad is loaded with black beans, corn, tomatoes, cucumbers and bell peppers and tossed with a simple and tasty cilantro lime vinaigrette.
This post has been sponsored by Near East® . All thoughts and opinions are my own.
This easy couscous salad comes together quickly and makes a great salad on its own or as a delicious and easy side dish.
Nothing makes me happier than a delicious crowd-pleasing dish that can be made in less than 30 minutes! For this reason, I like to keep my pantry stocked with products like Near East® Couscous Roasted Garlic & Olive Oil. Near East Couscous helps me create amazing and flavorful dishes sure to get rave reviews.
Southwest Couscous Salad
Near East Couscous Roasted Garlic & Olive Oil always brings an authentic taste of the world to everyday meals. This tasty couscous salad is filled with vibrant southwest flavors and lots of veggies tossed in a flavorful and easy to make vinaigrette. Definitely a salad or side dish that is perfect served during busy weeknights and one your family is sure to enjoy!
Near East Couscous Roasted Garlic & Olive Oil is delicious and super flavorful on its own. Seriously, I just follow the package instructions and I am always happy with the results – their Couscous Roasted Garlic & Olive Oil variety has a little packet filled with vibrant spices and herbs that produce tender and fluffy couscous filled with lots of flavor!
Southwest Couscous Salad Ingredients
- Near East® Couscous Roasted Garlic & Olive Oil: Made as directed in the package instructions with vegetable or chicken broth instead of water.
- Tomatoes: Cherry or Grape tomatoes, halved or quartered.
- Cucumbers: I like using English cucumbers, diced.
- Black Beans: I use canned beans for convenience. Rinsed.
- Bell Peppers: Red bell peppers are shown here but you can use whatever bell pepper you prefer (or a combination).
- Corn: I love frozen corn because it is readily available all year round. I simply thaw it while I prep the salad. Canned roasted corn is also a great addition to this salad.
- For the Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette: Lime juice (from fresh limes), honey (you can use maple syrup or sugar as well), fresh garlic, ground cumin, salt, ground black pepper and fresh cilantro.
Near East Couscous provides the perfect canvas for this Southwest inspired salad and for many other side dishes that are convenient and easy to make. Near East products always help me bring the flavors of different world cuisines to my table – with very little effort. That is always a plus!
This Southwest Couscous Salad can be made ahead which makes it a great dish to bring to potlucks, picnics or any type of party. Although the salad can be eaten as soon as it is ready, the flavors actually develop and get even better if you allow it to sit for 15 to 30 minutes before serving.
Southwest Couscous Salad Tips and Notes
- Serve this amazing Southwest Couscous salad alongside Baked Pork Chops for a quick, easy flavor-packed meal. No additional veggies needed!
- You can use granulated garlic for the vinaigrette if you are out of fresh garlic.
- Near East Couscous is super convenient. Simply allow the couscous to absorb the hot liquid and flavorings, then fluff with a fork for an incredible light and fluffy texture.
- Couscous will keep absorbing the flavors of the vegetables and the vinaigrette while it sits. This is what makes this salad the perfect make ahead dish!
Follow me on social media for more recipe ideas & inspiration! Pinterest Facebook Instagram My Newsletter
Southwest Couscous Salad
For the Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (or to taste)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
For The Couscous Salad
- 1 box Near East®Couscous Roasted Garlic & Olive Oil
- 1 1/4 cup vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup corn kernels see notes
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 1 (15-ounces) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup diced cucumbers
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes. halved or quartered
- In a medium saucepan, combine the broth, olive oil and the contents of Near East Couscous Roasted Garlic & Olive spice sack. Bring to a boil and stir in the couscous. Cover, remove from the stove and let it sit for 5 minutes. After this time, simply fluff the couscous with a fork and allow to cool.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, garlic, honey, cumin, salt, black pepper, olive oil and cilantro until well combined. (see notes)
- Combine the couscous, corn, bell peppers, black beans, cucumbers and tomatoes in a large bowl.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the couscous salad and stir to combine. Serve.
- You can use cooked fresh corn kernels, frozen corn (thawed) or canned corn (drained). Roasted canned corn can be used as well.
- You can place all the vinaigrette ingredients in a jar and shake well to combine.
- Couscous Salad can be served immediately but tastes even better if you let it sit for 15 to 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- This salad can be made ahead and stored in the refrigerator in a sealed container for 2 – 3 days.
Near East® Couscous Roasted Garlic & Olive Oil Click to Buy Now
Leave a Review!