This Chicken Lettuce Wrap recipe only takes 15 minutes to make. Made with ground chicken, ginger, garlic and tossed in a delicious 3 ingredients sauce! Perfect to serve as an appetizer, lunch or dinner. This easy recipe is one your family and friends will love!
Chicken Lettuce Wrap Recipe
One of the reasons this lettuce wrap recipe is so quick to make (only takes 15 minutes) is because I use ground chicken. That cuts time on both prep and cooking time.
The perfectly balanced and tasty sauce only has 3 ingredients. The combination of savory oyster sauce, the sweetness of plum sauce (you can also use duck sauce) and a bit of acid from rice wine vinegar is all you need.
- This Asian lettuce wrap recipe doesn’t have any mushrooms. I have many friends that don’t like mushrooms at all so this recipe is perfect for them.
- I have added yellow bell peppers for color. Of course you can use red or orange bell peppers as well.
- Water chestnuts add a nice crunch. However, if you don’t like water chestnuts, you could use diced jicama instead.
- Want to make it spicy? Add diced jalapeno at the same time you add the bell peppers. You could also add dried red pepper flakes for extra heat.
- Love toppings? Add chopped roasted cashews or peanuts as a garnish.
- For the Asian lettuce wraps you can use romaine, iceberg, red leaf lettuces and even radicchio.
WANT TO TRY THESE LETTUCE WRAP RECIPE?
PIN IT TO YOUR APPETIZER, CHICKEN OR DINNER BOARD!!
FIND ME ON PINTEREST FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES!
Asian Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup plum sauce (or Chinese duck sauce)
- 4 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons oil (canola, grapeseed, olive or coconut)
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon ginger, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup scallions (green onions), thinly sliced plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup any color of bell pepper (I used yellow), seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 heads butter lettuce
- In a small bowl, mix together the hoisin sauce, plum sauce and rice wine vinegar. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a wok or skillet over high heat. Add the ground chicken and cook stirring often for about 4 - 6 minutes or until not longer pink.
- Remove the chicken form the wok/skillet and drain the excess liquid.
- Add the remaining oil into the wok/skillet, add the ginger, garlic, scallions (green onions) and bell pepper. Stir fry for about 1 - 2 minutes. Return the ground chicken back to the wok/skillet and mix well to combine.
- Add the water chestnuts and the sauce mixture and stir to incorporate. Stir fry for about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir in the chopped cilantro. Garnish with sliced scallions (optional)
- Clean and separate the lettuce leaves. Place two generous tablespoons of filling in each lettuce leaf and roll up to eat.
KEEP IN TOUCH AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you’ve tried this or any other of my recipes, don’t forget to rate the recipe and to leave me a comment. I love hearing from you!
Things You May Need