Cinnamon French Toast Sticks
French Toast Sticks - These fluffy and tasty French Toast Sticks are a fun breakfast treat packed with cinnamon-vanilla flavor. This breakfast recipe uses simple pantry ingredients and is always a family favorite!
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 8 slices Texas Toast bread or sandwich bread
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk, Half and Half or Cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- 3-4 tablespoons butter
- Powdered sugar
- Maple syrup
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla, sugar, cinnamon and pinch of salt.
Cut each bread slice into thirds.
In a large skillet or griddle over medium heat, melt 1-2 tablespoons of butter,
Working in batches, dip a few of the bread sticks into the egg mixture and flip them until well coated. Let the excess egg mixture drip off and then place the bread sticks in skillet or griddle without overcrowding the pan.
Cook until each side is golden brown and crispy, about 3-4 minutes. Transfer the French Toast Sticks to a plate and sprinkle them with powdered sugar. Serve with maple syrup.
- Lightly stale or day-old bread works best for this recipe as the bread soaks up more of the custard-egg mixture.
- You can use milk, Half and Half or cream for this recipe. Cream will produce a richer, creamier custard-egg mixture.
- This recipe freezes well. Just place the cooked french toast sticks on a baking sheet and freeze until firm (about 45 to 60 minutes). Transfer the sticks to a freezer-safe resealable plastic bag and store in the freezer.
- To reheat, remove the numbers of French Toast Sticks you would like to reheat and place them on a baking sheet. Bake in a preheated 350 degrees oven for 8 minutes or until heated throughout.
Calories: 355kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 192mg | Sodium: 410mg | Potassium: 199mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 15g | Vitamin A: 600IU | Calcium: 236mg | Iron: 2.6mg