Incredibly delicious Breakfast Tacos made with warm tortillas loaded with golden potatoes, crispy bacon, fluffy scrambled eggs, cheese and all the toppings. These easy to make breakfast tacos are a great way to start the day!
Servings 8 tacos
- 8 slices bacon, chopped into 1 to 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cup frozen breakfast diced potatoes (thawed) *see notes
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 eggs
- Dash of hot sauce (optional)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 taco size flour tortillas, warmed
- Avocado slices
- chopped cilantro
- chopped onions
- sliced pickled jalapenos
Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat. Add the bacon and cook stirring often until browned and crisp, about 5 minutes. Transfer the bacon to a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
Remove all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon drippings from the skillet. Add the potatoes and cook for about 6 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Season with the paprika and salt and pepper to taste. Remove the potatoes from the skillet.
In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with a generous pinch of salt and pepper and a dash of hot sauce. Wipe out the skillet and melt the butter over medium-low heat. Add the eggs and cook and scramble eggs until set. Stir in cheese and remove from the heat.
To assemble the tacos, layer the tortillas with the potatoes, scrambled eggs and bacon. Top with any additional toppings. Serve warm.
- You can use any breakfast diced potato like "Diced Hash Brown Potatoes" or "Potatoes O'Brien"
- Instead of frozen potatoes, you can use 1 large russet potato, peeled and diced.
- While cooking the eggs, you can keep the potatoes and bacon warm by placing them in a preheated 300 degree oven.
- Nutritional information provided is only an estimate and will vary depending on the brand of ingredients used.
Calories: 301kcal | Carbohydrates: 20g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 189mg | Sodium: 471mg | Potassium: 235mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 420IU | Vitamin C: 1.1mg | Calcium: 110mg | Iron: 2.1mg