Stuffed Pepper Soup
This Stuffed Pepper Soup recipe is loaded with ground beef, bell peppers and rice in a savory tomato broth. Enjoy the flavors of stuffed peppers in this hearty and delicious pepper soup.
Servings 8 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3 bell peppers, chopped into about 1-inch pieces (see notes)
- 1 16-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 16-ounce can diced tomato
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup white rice
- Chopped parsley for garnish (optional)
Heat the olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven. Add the onions and cook for about 3 - 4 minutes or until they become translucent. Add the garlic and cook for about a minute.
Add the ground beef and cook breaking it up into smaller pieces with a wooden spoon, until browned. Season the meat with Italian seasoning, dried oregano and salt and pepper to taste.
Add the bell peppers to the pot and cook for about 3 minutes.
Add the crushed and diced tomatoes and broth and bring to a boil. Add the Worcestershire sauce and rice and stir to combine. Lower the heat to low, cover the pot and simmer for 20 minutes or until the rice is tender. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- You can cut the bell peppers into 1-inch pieces as I did or into larger pieces. It is just a a matter of preference.
Calories: 206kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 16g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 35mg | Sodium: 731mg | Potassium: 441mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 1395IU | Vitamin C: 58.2mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 2.2mg