Easy Oven Baked Pork Chops
These Oven Baked Pork Chops are seasoned with simple spices and then baked to perfection. This baked pork chop recipe produces succulent, tender, juicy and flavorful pork chops every time!
Servings 4 serving
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning or dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 boneless pork chops (1-inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with aluminium foil or parchment paper for easy clean up.
In a small bowl, mix the dry rub ingredients.
Rub the pork chops with the olive oil and season them with the dry rub. Make sure you rub the seasoning all over the pork chops (both sides).
Place the pork chops onto the prepared baking sheet.
Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 140 to 145 degrees. Please read notes about carryover cooking and decide at what exact temperature to remove the pork from the oven.
Remove from the oven and let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes, tented with aluminum foil. While the meat rests - the temperature will redistribute (carryover cooking) and the internal temperature will rise about 5 to 10 degrees. Serve.
- The USDA’s safe temperature guideline for pork chops is 145 degrees.
- I remove the pork chops from the oven when they reach an internal temperature of 140 degrees. I let them rest for 5 minutes. During this resting period the temperature should rise up to 145 degrees (carryover cooking). Find more information in the post.
- If you prefer, remove the chops from the oven when they reach an internal temperature of 145 degrees.
- For best practices, always use an instant read thermometer when cooking meats.
- Exact cooking times vary depending on the size and thickness of the pork chop.
- Bone-in pork chops (1-inch thick min) can also be used. Adjust cooking times.
Calories: 296kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 89mg | Sodium: 357mg | Potassium: 511mg | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 245IU | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 0.9mg