Easy Oven Baked Pork Chops
These Oven Baked Pork Chops are seasoned with simple spices and then baked to perfection. This baked pork chop recipe produces succulent, tender, juicy and flavorful pork chops every time!
Servings 4 serving
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning or dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 boneless pork chops (1-inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper for easy clean up.
In a small bowl, mix the dry rub ingredients.
Pat the pork chops dry with paper towels. Drizzle and rub the pork with olive oil and season them with the dry rub. Rub the seasoning all over the chops (both sides)
Place the pork chops onto the prepared baking sheet.
Bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 140 to 145 degrees Fahrenheit. Please read notes about carryover cooking and decide at what exact temperature to remove the pork from the oven.
Remove from the oven and let it rest for 5 to 10 minutes, tented with aluminum foil. While the meat rests - the temperature will redistribute (carryover cooking) and the internal temperature will rise about 5 to 10 degrees. Serve.
- Choose thick pork chops for baking (1-inch minimum). A thick chop stays juicy when cooked in the oven. This recipe can be made with boneless or bone-in pork chops.
- For best results, pork chops should be cooked to medium-rare or 145ºF which is the USDA’s safe temperature guideline for consuming pork. I recommend you remove the pork from the oven when the temperature reaches 135º - 140ºF and allow the pork to rest for 5-10 minutes. During this resting time the temperature will rise 5 to 10 degrees.
- Exact cooking times vary depending on the thickness of the pork chop. To guarantee juicy pork, always check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer.
Calories: 296kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 89mg | Sodium: 357mg | Potassium: 511mg | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 245IU | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 0.9mg