Baked Cinnamon French Toast Muffins
These Baked Cinnamon French Toast Muffins are portable and fun to eat with your fingers! Their delicious crunchy cinnamon sugar topping makes them irresistible!
Servings 12 muffins
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounces) loaf cinnamon swirl bread dried, cut into 1-inch cubes
Whisk together the milk, cream, sugar, eggs, vanilla, cinnamon and salt in a large bowl.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with cooking spray and set aside.
Add the cubed bread into the mixture mixing gently to combine.
Scoop the bread mixture into the muffin pan - about 1/3 cup per well.
Distribute the topping mix over the muffins and bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove from the oven and let them cool for a few minutes before removing them from the muffin tin. Serve.
To Make the Topping
In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon. Using a fork, blend in the butter. You want to have pea-size clumps of butter.
- I like to cut the bread into cubes the night before I am baking these Cinnamon french Toast Muffins so the bread has a chance to dry up.
- If making ahead, you can mix all the wet ingredients and store them covered in the refrigerator.
- You can also mix the topping ingredients and save them in a zip top bag in the refrigerator.
- Serve them as is, dusted with powdered sugar, with maple syrup or with a drizzle of Nutella.
Calories: 124kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 73mg | Sodium: 82mg | Potassium: 60mg | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 305IU | Calcium: 39mg | Iron: 0.5mg