Cauliflower Fried Rice
Cauliflower Fried Rice is a lighter, low-carb and healthier alternative to traditional Chinese fried rice. Made with cauliflower rice, vegetables, eggs and seasonings this one pot meal is as tasty as the real take out favorite!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 1 head of cauliflower (about 3 - 4 cups of cauliflower rice)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil, divided
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 inch ginger, peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup frozen carrots, (or fresh peeled and cut into ¼-inch dice
- 1/2 cup peas fresh or frozen
- 2 - 3 tablespoons soy sauce (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons green onions, thinly sliced
With a knife, remove the outer leaves of the cauliflower. Rinse and pat dry and cut into large florets. Working in batches, pulse the cauliflower in a food processor until the texture resembles rice. If you don't have a food processor, you can grate the cauliflower using the large holes of a box grater, or chop it with a knife.
Heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of the vegetable oil and add the garlic and ginger. Cook, stirring constantly, for about 30 seconds or until fragrant but not browned.
Add the peas and carrots and cook for about 2 minutes. Add the cauliflower rice and stir to combine. Cook stirring for about 2 minutes.
Lower the heat to medium-low and cover the pan. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender.
Remove the lid and add the soy sauce and toasted sesame oil and stir to combine.
In a small bowl, lightly whisk the eggs. Create a well in the middle of the wok or skillet and pour the remaining vegetable oil. Add the eggs into the well and stir the eggs to scramble. Once the eggs are cooked, mix to combine. Stir in the scallions and mix together. Season with salt and pepper and additional soy sauce, if needed.
- You can use 1 cup of frozen peas and carrots, thawed out.
- You can lightly season the eggs with salt and pepper before scrambling.
Calories: 199kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 10g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 158mg | Sodium: 117mg | Potassium: 632mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 3205IU | Vitamin C: 83.5mg | Calcium: 73mg | Iron: 1.9mg