One Pot Pizza Pasta
This Pizza Pasta combines all the great flavors of your favorite pizza in an easy 30 minutes, one pot pasta dish! This cheesy pizza casserole is kid friendly and always a family dinner favorite!
- 1 teaspoon Olive oil (optional)
- 1 pound mild Italian Sausage (bulk or removed from its casings)
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ounces sliced pepperoni (save a few pieces whole to use as garnish)
- 24 ounces jar pasta sauce (marinara, meat or sausage flavor works best)
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cups water
- 1 pound dry uncooked short pasta (like rotini or penne)
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella, shredded
- 1/4 cup sliced black olives
- Chopped fresh parsley or basil for garnish
Heat a Dutch oven or large pot over medium high heat. Add the oil (if needed) and when heated add the sausage and brown, crumbling the sausage as it cooks for about 4 minutes or until cooked through. Drain any extra fat, if needed.
Add the red and green bell peppers and onions and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the garlic and pepperoni and cook for an extra minute.
Stir in the pasta sauce, Italian seasoning and oregano. Add the water and season lightly with salt and ground black pepper. Stir and bring to a boil.
When boiling, add the pasta, stir and reduce the heat to low. Cover and simmer for about 12 to 15 minutes or until the pasta is tender, stirring a few times through the cooking process.
Remove from the heat and stir in the mozzarella cheese. Add the olives and mix to combine. Taste and season with salt and ground black pepper, if needed.
Serve immediately garnished with fresh parsley or basil (optional)
Calories: 550kcal | Carbohydrates: 49g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 27g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 1262mg | Potassium: 635mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 730IU | Vitamin C: 16.9mg | Calcium: 153mg | Iron: 2.8mg