Sauteed Peas with Prosciutto and Shallots
Sauteed Peas with Prosciutto and Shallots is an easy and quick side dish perfect any day of the week and fabulous enough to serve for holiday meals!
Prep Time 4 minutes
Cook Time 11 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, chopped
- 1 (12-ounces) bag of frozen peas
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
Melt the butter in a skillet over medium-low heat.
Add the shallots and garlic and saute stirring constantly for about 4 - 5 minutes or until the shallots start to get golden brown.
Add the frozen peas and saute until heated through, about 4 - 5 minutes. Add the salt and stir to combine.
Add the prosciutto and cook for about a minute. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
- You can use a 1-pound bag of frozen peas for this recipe.
- You can use fresh shelled peas for this recipe. Blanch the peas in salted boiling water first. Then follow the recipe and saute until the peas are tender. They do take longer to cook than frozen peas.
Calories: 116kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 192mg | Potassium: 55mg | Vitamin A: 175IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 0.2mg