Thai Larb Recipe
An easy and healthy Thai salad made with ground chicken, lime juice and fresh herb served with lots of fresh veggies. Larb is made in a single skillet and in about 20 minutes. It is perfect served as a salad, appetizer or as a main dish with a side of sticky rice!If you would like to add toasted rice powder please read the recipe notes.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 6 servings
Larb Gai Mixture
- 1 tablespoon vegetable, canola or coconut oil (or any mild oil)
- 1 Thai chiles or serrano chiles, thinly sliced or 1/2 teaspoon Thai chili powder
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, ninced
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 2 scallions (green onions), thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
To Serve Pick Your Favorites:
- Lettuce leaves, sliced cucumbers, carrot sticks, green beans, lime wedges, mint and cilantro,
If you would like to add rice powder to this recipe please read the notes.
Rice Powder (optional)
- 1/2 cup white rice (short grain)
In a small bowl mix together the fish sauce, lime juice and sugar. Mix until well combined.
Heat a wok or medium size skillet over high heat. Add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the chiles, shallots and garlic and cook stirring for about 1 - 2 minutes or until the shallots become translucent.
Add the ground chicken and cook for about 4 - 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
Remove from the heat and add the scallions, onions and the Larb sauce. Toss to combine. Stir in the cilantro and mint.
Serve with your choice of lettuce leaves, carrots sticks, cucumber slices, green beans and more fresh herbs (optional).
- If you want to add toasted rice powder to this recipe, add it right after you stir in the Larb sauce. Mix to combine and then add the herbs.
- Make it spicier by adding extra chiles or chili powder.
- Adjust the fish sauce to your taste!
Calories: 236kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 97mg | Sodium: 832mg | Potassium: 703mg | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 130IU | Vitamin C: 7.9mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1.3mg