Thai Chicken Larb Salad
Thai Larb Salad - This Larb recipe is made with ground chicken, lime juice and fresh herbs. This flavorful and healthy salad is easy to make and full of authentic Thai flavors!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 10 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 1/4 cup fish sauce
- 6 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 Thai chili or serrano chili, thinly sliced (more or less to your taste) or 1/2 teaspoon Thai chili powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable, canola or coconut oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, ninced
- 1 1/2 pounds ground chicken
- 2 scallions (green onions), thinly sliced
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, chopped
- Lettuce leaves
- Carrot sticks
- Cucumber slices
- Fresh mint and fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
If you would like to add rice powder to this recipe please read the notes.
In a small bowl mix together the fish sauce, lime juice and sugar. Mix until well combined.
Heat a wok or medium size skillet over high heat. Add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the chilies, shallots and garlic and cook for about 1 minute or until the shallots become translucent.
Add the ground chicken and cook for about 4 - 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and no longer pink.
Remove from the heat and add the scallions, onions and the sauce mixture. Toss to combine. Add the cilantro and mint and toss to combine.
Serve with lettuce leaves, carrots sticks, cucumber slices and more fresh herbs (optional).
If you want to add rice powder to this recipe, add the powder at the same time you add the fresh herbs.
To Make Rice Powder:
Roast 1/2 cup of white rice in a dry pan over medium-high heat, stirring often until the rice is fragrant and medium brown in color. Place the rice in a food processor or blender and grind until a coarse powder is formed.
Calories: 236kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 97mg | Sodium: 832mg | Potassium: 703mg | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 130IU | Vitamin C: 7.9mg | Calcium: 33mg | Iron: 1.3mg