Oven Baked Salmon with Honey Ginger Glaze
Oven Baked Salmon with lip-smacking Honey Ginger Glaze is a quick and easy salmon recipe sure to become a favorite! Made with a few ingredients and in about 20 minutes, this tasty baked salmon recipe is perfect for busy weeknights!
Prep Time 7 minutes
Cook Time 12 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
Servings 4 servings
For the Glaze
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup soy sauce (use low sodium if you are sensitive to sodium)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon mirin
- 1 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 6 -ounces salmon fillets (skin-on or skinless)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sesame seeds for garnishing, optional
To Make the Honey Ginger Glaze
In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the butter, add the soy sauce, honey, mirin, grated ginger and minced garlic. Mix to combine and simmer for about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and let it cool for a couple of minutes.
Prepare the Salmon
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. If using a baking dish, omit the aluminum foil/parchment paper. Spray with cooking spray or coat the bottom with a little bit of oil (olive oil or canola oil) to prevent the fish from sticking.
Place the salmon on the sheet pan or baking dish (skin side down). Season the salmon fillets lightly with salt and pepper.
Pour the Honey Ginger Glaze over the salmon, making sure both sides are coated with the glaze. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes (depending on the size and thickness of the fish) or until the salmon is cooked through and flakes easily.
Remove from the oven and garnish with sesame seeds (optional). Serve.
- Cooking time will vary depending on the size and thickness of your salmon fillets.
- Cook until the salmon is cooked through but still a bit pink in the middle and flakes easily. About 12 to 15 minutes for every 1-inch thickness of salmon.
- An instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the fillet should read 120°F to 130°F for medium-rare or 135°F to 145°F for medium and well-done.
- Nutrition facts are an estimate and vary depending on cooking methods and brand of ingredients used.
Calories: 386kcal | Carbohydrates: 10g | Protein: 35g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 123mg | Sodium: 896mg | Potassium: 864mg | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 420IU | Vitamin C: 0.5mg | Calcium: 29mg | Iron: 1.7mg