Potato and Chorizo Hash ~ One-Pan, Easy & Delicious!
Crispy bits of chorizo, tender potatoes, and a world of flavor! This Potato and Chorizo Hash is a one-pan easy and delicious breakfast (or dinner)!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 25 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 4 servings
- 6 ounces Mexican chorizo, casings removed
- 1 pound about 3 large potatoes, cooked and cut into ½ inch cubes (Red Skinned New Potatoes, Yukon Gold or Russet work well)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ¼ cup of your favorite homemade or store bought salsa
- A few dashes of hot sauce, Louisiana, Tabasco, Tapatio or Crystal work well
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Eggs any style
- chopped cilantro, jalapeño slices, sour cream. tortillas and extra salsa for serving
Heat a large non-stick or cast iron skillet over medium high heat, add the chorizo and cook stirring frequently breaking up the clumps, until the chorizo is crisp and fat has rendered. About 10 minutes.
Add the cooked potatoes and the butter to the skillet and sauté, stirring and tossing occasionally for about 8 - 10 minutes. You want to create a bit of a crispy crust at the bottom of the skillet.
Add the salsa and a few dashes of hot sauce and continue cooking for about 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Serve immediately topped with your favorite styled eggs, cilantro leaves and jalapeño slices. Serve with warmed tortillas, sour cream, and salsa.
Calories: 289kcal | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 44mg | Sodium: 651mg | Potassium: 683mg | Fiber: 3g | Vitamin A: 165IU | Vitamin C: 13.2mg | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 4.4mg