Carne Asada Recipe
This Carne Asada recipe is made with flank steak or skirt steak infused with the flavors of the best carne asada marinade. Cooked on a grill or stove top until perfectly tender and juicy, this authentic carne asada recipe is a great addition to any meal and definitely makes the best Mexican tacos!
- 1 1/2 lbs flank steak
- Salt and pepper to taste
Carne Asada Marinade
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/4 cup lime juice, freshly squuezed
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
Trim the flank steak and season with salt and pepper to taste.
In a medium-size bowl, whisk together the marinade ingredients.
Add the flank steak to a baking dish or large resealable plastic bag and pour the marinade over. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours to overnight. Press out any excess air if using a zip top bag.
Preheat a grill to high heat. When the grill is hot, remove the steak from the marinade and discard the marinade.
Grill the steak over high heat uncovered until your desired level of doneness, approximately 7 to 10 minutes for medium rare (135°F ) and 10 to 12 minutes for medium (150°F - 155°F). Flip the steak half way through the grilling process.
Transfer the steak to a cutting board, tent with foil and let the meat rest for 10 minutes before slicing. Slice against the grain.
- Cooking times are an estimate and will vary depending on the thickness of the meat.
- You can use an indoor grill pan when the weather outside is not great for grilling.
- Make the best ever Carne Asada Tacos al Carbon! Simply chop the steak and add it to warmed corn tortillas. Top with diced onions and cilantro. Serve with lime wedges and salsa.
- To make Mexican street tacos, top warm soft corn tortillas with sliced grilled asada steak and your favorite toppings. Sliced avocados, jalapenos, radishes, chopped onions, salsa and sour cream are great toppings!
Calories: 417kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 38g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 102mg | Sodium: 606mg | Potassium: 678mg | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 340IU | Vitamin C: 17.9mg | Calcium: 52mg | Iron: 3.4mg