Beef With Broccoli
Beef with Broccoli with tender thin sliced beef and fresh broccoli coated in a savory homemade stir fry sauce. This Chinese Beef with Broccoli recipe is super easy to make, better than takeout and ready in less than 20 minutes!
Servings 4 servings
Make the Marinade
Whisk the soy sauce, sesame oil, 1 teaspoon of cornstarch and the baking soda in a medium bowl (or you can mix the ingredients in a large zip top bag for easy clean up)
Slice the beef into thin strips and add them to the marinade. Let the beef marinate for 20 minutes or in the refrigerator for a few hours or overnight.
Make the Sauce
In a small bowl, stir together the stock, rice wine, oyster sauce and the remaining 1 teaspoon of cornstarch. Mix until well combined.
In a wok or large skillet, heat the oil over high heat. Add the marinated beef and garlic and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes stirring constantly. The beef should get a nice sear but still be rare to medium rare inside.
Turn the heat to medium and add the broccoli florets. Cook for about 2 minutes stirring often. Stir in the sauce and mix well. Cook for a few minutes tossing the ingredients (stir frying) constantly. The sauce will start to thicken and turn into a nice glaze. Remove from the heat, garnish with sliced green onions (optional) and serve.
- Freeze the beef for about 30 minutes before slicing. The beef firms up and it's easier to slice.
- Slice the beef against the grain.
- If your sauce/glaze gets too thick after cooking, you can add additional broth to make it thinner.
- If you like your beef rare, only cook it for about 1 minute before adding the broccoli.
- If your broccoli is too al dente for your taste, turn the heat to low and cover the wok or skillet and let the stir fry cook for about 2 - 3 minutes. Keep in mind this will also cook the beef a bit more.
Calories: 289kcal | Carbohydrates: 11g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 68mg | Sodium: 1047mg | Potassium: 775mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 705IU | Vitamin C: 101.6mg | Calcium: 84mg | Iron: 2.7mg