Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Breast
This Instant Pot Shredded Chicken recipe takes only a few minutes to make in the pressure cooker. Whether you are cooking fresh or frozen chicken in the Instant Pot, the result is always tender, juicy and tasty chicken.
Servings 10 servings
- 3 pounds boneless and skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken broth (use low sodium if preferred)
- 4-6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 sprig fresh thyme (see notes)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional but (recommended if you are not sensitive to salt)
Place the chicken breasts in the inner pot of your Instant Pot. Add the chicken broth, peeled garlic cloves, thyme and salt.
Close the lid and set the pressure valve to sealing. Cook on high pressure for 6 minutes.
Once done, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes and then do a quick release. Open the lid.
Remove the chicken from the Instant Pot and let it rest for 5 minutes. Shred.
At this point you can use the instant pot shredded chicken, cool it and store it in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or place it back into the instant pot and allow it to absorb some of the broth before serving.
- You can use any fresh herbs like sage, or rosemary. These herbs have a stronger flavor than thyme.
- You can also use dried herbs. Use 1/4 teaspoon of the dried herb of your choice.
- COOKING TIME: The cooking time does not include the time your pressure cooker needs to come to pressure or natural release time. Please plan accordingly.
- Cooking times vary depending on the size of each breast. Check times above on the post.
Calories: 158kcal | Protein: 29g | Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 87mg | Sodium: 360mg | Potassium: 527mg | Vitamin A: 40IU | Vitamin C: 3.8mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 0.6mg