Raspberry Muffins Recipe
These light and tender Raspberry Muffins are studded with sweet and tart raspberries and topped with the best buttery lemon streusel. Made with simple ingredients, this raspberry muffin recipe is bursting with flavor!
Servings 12 muffins
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 6 tablespoons butter chilled and cut into small pieces.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries fresh or frozen
Make Streusel Topping
In a bowl combine the flour, sugar, lemon zest and butter. Using a fork or a pastry cutter, combine the ingredients until the mixture is crumbly and resembles coarse meal. The crumbs should be about the size of a pea. Keep the streusel in the refrigerator until ready to use.
In a bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In a separate large bowl, whisk the eggs, melted butter, oil, buttermilk, and vanilla until well combined.
Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and stir with a spatula just until combined.
Gently fold in the raspberries (if using frozen raspberries, toss them with 2 -3 teaspoons of flour to keep them from “bleeding” into the muffin batter).
Divide the batter evenly into the prepared muffin pan. The muffin cups will be very full. Top each muffin cup with the crumble topping (about 2 tablespoons of crumb topping each).
Bake for 18-22 minutes, or until the toppings are lightly golden and a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out with only a few moist crumbs attached. Cool completely then store in an airtight container.
- I use a combination of butter and oil, but you can use all butter or all oil (with all oil, the texture will be much softer).
- Instead of buttermilk, you can use milk or Greek yogurt. If using Greek yogurt, you will need to thin it out by mixing ¾ cup of Greek yogurt with ¼ cup of water.
- Make the muffins GF by using gluten-free baking flour.
Calories: 359kcal | Carbohydrates: 50g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 16g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 55mg | Sodium: 259mg | Potassium: 158mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 27g | Vitamin A: 371IU | Vitamin C: 4mg | Calcium: 67mg | Iron: 2mg