Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
This tender Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread is moist, packed with warm pumpkin spices and loaded with chocolate chips. This easy pumpkin bread recipe makes two loaves of the absolute best pumpkin bread!
Servings 20 servings (2 loaves)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Lightly coat two 9" x 5" loaf pans with cooking spray.
Place the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pumpkin spice, in a large mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
Add the pumpkin puree, oil, sugars, eggs, water and vanilla to the flour mixture. Stir until just combined.
Add the chocolate chips and mix to combine.
Spoon the batter into the prepared pans. Sprinkle the tops of the loaves with coarse sparkling sugar, if desired.
Bake the bread for 60 to 80 minutes, or until a cake tester or toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean and that same tester inserted about 1/2" into the top of the loaf doesn't encounter any totally unbaked batter.
Remove the bread from the oven, and cool it on a rack. When it's completely cool, invert and serve. * see Chef's tips
- For perfect slices, allow the bread to cool completely, wrap it well in plastic wrap, and store it overnight before slicing.
- If using homemade pumpkin puree, you may need to add additional flour. Homemade puree is usually thinner than canned puree.
- Tent the loaves with aluminum foil for the final 15 minutes or so of baking if you feel your loaves are over-browning.
- Instead of chocolate chips, you can use the same amount of chopped walnuts, pecans, dried cranberries or raisins.
- Makes 48 mini muffins. Bake at 350 F for about 12 -15 minutes.
- Makes 24 muffins. Bake at 350 F for about 25 - 30 minutes.
- Bundt Cake - Bake at 350 F for about 70 - 85 minutes.
- Makes 8 (small 3' x 5") loaves. Bake for about 45 to 60 minutes
Calories: 344kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 17g | Saturated Fat: 12g | Cholesterol: 38mg | Sodium: 249mg | Potassium: 137mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 26g | Vitamin A: 69IU | Calcium: 31mg | Iron: 2mg