Apple Streusel Cheesecake Bars
Apple Streusel Cheesecake Bars are made with a buttery shortbread crust filled with sweet creamy cheesecake, tender cinnamon apples and delicious streusel crumb topping.
Servings 24 bars
- 20 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 egg white, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 teaspoons butter, melted
Make The Shortbread Crust
In a medium bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon.
With a pastry blender or a fork, cut in the butter into the flour mixture until mixture is crumbly.
Press this mixture into the bottom of the pan evenly. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove from the oven and raise the oven temperature up to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
Make The Cheesecake Filling
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitter with the paddle attachment or with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, brown sugar and flour on low speed until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
Add the sour cream, vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix on low speed until well combined.
Mixing on low speed, add the eggs, one at a time, making sure each egg is fully incorporated before the next addition. Add the egg white and mix, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed until well combined.
Pour the cheesecake mixture over the baked shortbread crust and spread evenly.
Top the cheesecake mixture with the cinnamon apples and spread evenly.
Make The Cinnamon Streusel And Bake
In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
Add the melted butter and stir together until crumbly.
Sprinkle the streusel evenly over the apples.
Bake in the preheated oven for about 45 minutes or until the center is just set. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for about 45 minutes. Refrigerate until cold and firm.
When cool, lift the baked bar using the excess parchment paper as handles. Cut into bars. Serve.
- Store the bars covered in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.
- Cheesecake bars freeze very well and can be kept frozen for up to 3 months. Allow the bars to cool completely, then place the whole baking pan in the freezer. When frozen, remove the bars and wrap them tightly with plastic wrap and aluminum foil. You can then place them in an airtight container or a resealable freezer bag and store them in the freezer.
- You can drizzle these delicious apple cheesecake bars with caramel sauce.
Calories: 246kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 54mg | Sodium: 131mg | Potassium: 101mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 518IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 1mg