Honey Soy Baked Chicken Drumsticks
Baked Chicken Drumsticks in Honey and Soy are so tasty and easy to make. Chicken legs are tossed in a simple marinade then oven baked until tender, juicy and golden brown.
Prep Time 8 minutes
Cook Time 45 minutes
Marinate 30 minutes
Total Time 53 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 6 garlic cloves, pressed or grated
- 1 (1-inch) piece fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 pounds chicken drumsticks (about 12 drumsticks)
- 1 scallion thinly sliced for garnish (optional)
In a large zip top bag, combine the garlic, ginger, oil, soy sauce, honey and ground black pepper. I massage the bottom of the bag to make sure the honey blends well with the rest of the ingredients.
Place the chicken drumsticks into the zip top bag, close and shake the bag to make sure all the chicken pieces get coated with the marinade. I like to massage the chicken a bit just to make sure the marinade penetrates every piece of chicken. Marinate for 30 minutes or overnight.
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Place the chicken in a single layer on a baking pan or rimmed baking sheet (the marinade leftover in the bag can also be placed on the baking pan).
Bake uncovered for 45 to 50 minutes or until cooked through.
- Chicken should reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees before its consumption.
Calories: 416kcal | Carbohydrates: 13g | Protein: 36g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 186mg | Sodium: 714mg | Potassium: 490mg | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 95IU | Vitamin C: 0.9mg | Calcium: 28mg | Iron: 1.6mg