Pressure Cooker Whole Chicken Rotisserie Style (Instant Pot)
This Pressure Cooker Whole Chicken is easy, juicy, tender and cooks in less than 30 minutes! This rotisserie style instant pot whole chicken is delicious and a great and simple weeknight meal.
Prep Time 6 minutes
Cook Time 24 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
Servings 8 servings
In a small bowl, combine the paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, oregano, salt and pepper.
Gently loosen the skin from the chicken breast, lifting and separating the skin from the meat with your fingers. Rub about 1 tablespoon of olive oil and about 1/3 (a third) of the seasonings under the skin. Next, rub another tablespoon of olive oil and the rest of the seasoning all over the chicken and chicken cavity.
Press the Saute function and add the remaining olive oil to the pot.
Place the chicken in the pot, breast side down and cook for about 4-5 minutes or until golden brown. Using kitchen tongs flip the chicken over and sear for about 5 minutes, or until brown.
Remove the chicken from the pot and pour in the chicken broth. Gently scrape the bottom of the instapot with a wooden spoon to remove the brown bits that are stuck at the bottom.
Press Cancel/Warm and place the trivet at the bottom of the pot then lay the chicken on top of trivet, breast side up.
Close the lid and set the valve to "seal". Press the MANUAL or HIGH PRESSURE button and set the timer to 24 minutes (this is for a 4-pounds chicken). **Check the recipe notes for smaller/bigger chickens.
When done, let the pressure release naturally for 15 minutes, then do a quick release to get rid of any remaining pressure.
Open the lid and remove the chicken from the pot. Serve.
Optional: Place the chicken under the broiler for about 4-5 minutes for extra crispy skin.
APPROX COOKING TIMES FOR FRESH CHICKEN ACCORDING TO WEIGHT:
As with all pressure cookers, cooking times can vary slightly. Make sure the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit before consuming.
- A 3 - pound chicken will need 18 minutes of High Pressure Cooking Time with a 15 minutes Natural Pressure Release.
- A 3.5 - pound chicken will need 22 minutes of High Pressure Cooking Time with a 15 minutes Natural Pressure Release.
- A 4 - pound chicken will need 24 minutes of High Pressure Cooking Time with a 15 minutes Natural Pressure Release.
- A 4.5 pound chicken will need 27 minutes of High Pressure Cooking Time with a 15 minutes Natural Pressure Release.
- A 5 pound chicken will need 32 minutes of High Pressure Cooking Time with a 15 minutes Natural Pressure Release.
- Nutritional information provided is an estimate and will vary based on weight and brands of ingredients used.
Calories: 288kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 766mg | Potassium: 258mg | Vitamin A: 585IU | Vitamin C: 3.8mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1.5mg