Greek Tzatziki Sauce
Greek Tzatziki Sauce is made from just a few ingredients. Fresh cucumbers and Greek yogurt are the base of this fresh, light and healthy sauce. Perfect as a dip, condiment or as an accompaniment to many Mediterranean dishes.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Total Time 15 minutes
- 1 large seedless cucumber (hothouse/English unpeeled)
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 11/2 cup Greek Yogurt (full fat or non fat)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or grated
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 - 2 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squazed
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill, minced
- Pinch of ground black pepper
Grate the cucumber and toss with 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Place it in a fine mesh strainer over a deep bowl to drain (refrigerated for 30 minutes to 4 hours).Spoon the grated cucumber into a cheesecloth or a cloth napkin and squeeze dry.
Mix the cucumber with the yogurt, add the garlic, olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, dill, remaining salt and pepper and mix well to combine.
You can serve it immediately but it is best to allow the sauce to sit in the refrigerator, covered for a couple of hours to allow the flavors to blend.
Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Calories: 200kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 473mg | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 120IU | Vitamin C: 0.3mg | Calcium: 244mg