Easy Pesto Pasta Salad
Pesto Pasta Salad loaded with asparagus, peas, tomatoes, mozzarella and Parmesan. This pasta salad recipe is perfect for any occasion, especially summer gatherings, picnics and potlucks. Make your own pesto or use store bought pesto for an effortless meal!
Servings 8 servings
- 12 ounces pasta (any short pasta shape)
- 1/2 pound fresh asparagus thin spears, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces with tough ends trimmed off
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 1/2 cups fresh mozzarella pearls drained
- 1 cup homemade or refrigerated basil pesto
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded plus more for garnish
- 1 tablespoon Italian dressing (or to taste)
Cook the pasta in salted water according to package directions. A few minutes before the pasta is done, add the asparagus and finish cooking until the pasta is "al dente". Before draining the pasta, add the frozen peas into the pot. This will defrost the peas and make them soft.
Drain the pasta and run it under cold water to cool it down.
Place the pasta and vegetables in a large bowl. Add the tomatoes, mozzarella pearls, pine nuts, and Parmesan cheese.
Pour the pesto and Italian dressing over the salad and toss to coat evenly.
Serve, topped with additional pine nuts and Parmesan cheese.
- You can use fresh mozzarella pearls, ciliegine (mozarella balls the size of a cherry), or just cut fresh mozzarella into bite size pieces.
- Nutrition information provided is just and estimate and will vary depending on the brand of ingredients used.
Calories: 409kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 21mg | Sodium: 495mg | Potassium: 278mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1235IU | Vitamin C: 13.1mg | Calcium: 215mg | Iron: 2.1mg