Easy Shrimp Ceviche (Mexican Style)
Shrimp Ceviche - This No Cooking Required Mexican-inspired ceviche recipe is light, fresh and full of flavor. Citrus marinated shrimp, tomatoes, cucumbers, onions, avocado and jalapenos make the most delicious and easy to make ceviche ever!
Servings 8 servings
- 2 pounds raw shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails removed
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 seedless cucumber, diced
- 2 tomatoes seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 large avocado peeled, seeded and chopped
Chop the shrimp into 1/2 inch pieces.
Place the shrimp, red onion, jalapeno, cucumber, tomatoes, and cilantro in a large bowl.
In a smaller bowl, mix the lime, lemon and orange juices. Pour over the shrimp and vegetable mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste and mix gently to combine.
Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Add the chopped avocado and gently mix to combine. Serve.
- You can purchase any size shrimp as it will be cut into smaller pieces.
- You can marinate the shrimp and vegetables and refrigerate up to 8 hours. Add the avocado before serving.
Calories: 178kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 285mg | Sodium: 886mg | Potassium: 402mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 435IU | Vitamin C: 28.3mg | Calcium: 180mg | Iron: 2.7mg