Greek Chickpea Salad
This Chickpea Salad is loaded with crisp cucumbers, juicy tomatoes, tasty onions, Kalamata olives, green bell peppers and creamy Feta cheese. Tossed in a simple Greek Salad Dressing, this Mediterranean Chickpea Salad is fresh and super easy to make.
Servings 6 servings
- 1 (15 ounces) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained
- 1 cucumber, unpeeled large-diced *see notes
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and large-diced
- 1/3 cup red onion, diced *see notes
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and cut in half
- 4-6 ounces Feta cheese
- 1 recipe Greek Salad Dressing
Place all the ingredients, except the salad dressing in a large bowl.
Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad and toss. Serve.
- Seedless cucumbers (English/hothouse) have thin skin and can be left unpeeled.
- Usually I can only find huge red onions at the market. I usually use 1/4 of an onion for this recipe (in case you don't want to measure.
- I buy feta cheese whole (usually 4-5 ounces container) and crumble it myself. I enjoy big crumbles for this salad.
- You can store the salad covered in the refrigerator up to 3-4 days.
Calories: 121kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 396mg | Potassium: 304mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 635IU | Vitamin C: 36mg | Calcium: 120mg | Iron: 0.9mg