Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Mexican Style
Mexican Instant Pot Shredded Chicken is a super flavorful 5-ingredient recipe your whole family will love. Made with fresh or frozen chicken breasts, this easy instant pot recipe is ready in just minutes!
Servings 6 servings
- 2 pounds chicken breasts halves, boneless and skinless (about 4)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning, divided (or 1 store bought envelope)
- 3/4 cup chicken broth (see notes)
- 1 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons diced green chiles (mild or hot according to your taste)
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste (optional)
If Making Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Tacos You May Need
- Corn Tortillas
- Cheddar Cheese
Season the chicken breasts with half of the taco seasoning. Place the chicken breast at the bottom of the bowl of the instant pot (no trivet is needed).
Add the broth, salsa, diced green chiles and sprinkle the remaining taco seasoning.
Close the lid, seal the pot and set the vent to "sealed" For fresh or thawed chicken breasts, cook on high pressure for 13 minutes. For frozen chicken breasts, cook on high pressure for 16 minutes.
When done, let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes then do a quick release to get rid of any remaining pressure, open the lid and shred with 2 forks. Season with salt and pepper (optional).
- If using very chunky salsa, or if your pressure cooker won't reach pressure, increase the broth to 1 cup total.
- You can use the "Poultry Feature" and set the timer to the specific time OR simply use "Manual option" (high pressure) and set the timer to the specific time.
- Cook small fresh or thawed chicken breast on high pressure for 10 to 11 minutes.
- Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on brands of ingredients used.
Calories: 188kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 96mg | Sodium: 656mg | Potassium: 715mg | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 330IU | Vitamin C: 5.5mg | Calcium: 22mg | Iron: 0.9mg