Warm and Cheesy Taco Dip
This Taco Dip is cheesy, creamy and bursting with taco flavors! If you love easy dip recipes that can be made ahead, in one skillet or in the slow cooker, this taco dip recipe is for you!
Servings 8 servings
- 1 pound ground beef (I use lean ground beef)
- 1/3 cup chopped onions
- 1 package taco seasoning (about 2 tablespoons if using homemade)
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 4-ounces canned mild diced green chiles
- 1/2 cup broth or water (use 1/4 cup if making it in the slow cooker)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature, cubed
- 2 1/4 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese or cheddar cheese, divided
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Chopped Lettuce
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Sliced Olives
- Chopped Onions
- Chopped Cilantro
To Make it in a Skillet
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
In a skillet (see notes), brown the ground beef over high heat. Drain any excess fat, if needed. Add the onions and cook for about 3 minutes.
Lower the heat to medium. Stir in the taco seasoning, cumin and broth or water. Mix well. Add the chiles and salsa and cook for about 2-3 minutes.
Stir in the cream cheese and mix well until melted. Mix in 2 cups of shredded cheese. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste.At this point, you can transfer the dip to a casserole or simply top the dip with cheese and bake it in the skillet.
Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of shredded cheese on top and bake for 20 minutes or until hot, bubbly and golden brown.
Top with desired toppings and serve warm with tortilla chips.
To Make it in the Slow Cooker
In a skillet, brown the ground beef over high heat. Drain any excess fat, if needed. Add the onions and cook for about 3 minutes.
Add the ground beef and onion mixture to the crock pot. Add the taco seasoning, cumin, 1/4 cup of broth or water, chiles, salsa, cream cheese and 2 cups of shredded cheese and mix well.
Cook on low heat for 3 hours, stirring a couple of times through the cooking.
Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of shredded cheese and cook on low heat for an additional 10 minutes. Top with your desired toppings.Keep the slow cooker on the warm setting while serving to keep the dip warm!
- I recommend using a skillet that can go into the oven (like a cast iron skillet).
- If using homemade taco seasoning you can use about 2 tablespoons.
Calories: 380kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 113mg | Sodium: 1015mg | Potassium: 328mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 1115IU | Vitamin C: 2.8mg | Calcium: 464mg | Iron: 2.2mg