Crispy Roasted Greek Potatoes
These Roasted Greek Potatoes with lemon, garlic, Kalamata olives and feta cheese are delicious and easy to make. These Greek style oven roasted potatoes are perfectly seasoned and roasted until tender and creamy inside and golden and crispy on the outside.
Servings 8 servings
- 3 pounds baby potatoes (red,yellow or purple) *see notes
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 3/4 cup Kalamata olives, pitted
- 1/3 cup feta cheese
Cut the potatoes in half trying to keep all the pieces about the same size for even cooking.
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a sheet pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
Place the potatoes in a bowl (you can do this right on the sheet pan if you prefer), add the garlic, drizzle with the olive oil and lemon juice, add the oregano, salt and pepper and toss to coat. Add the lemon slices and toss gently.
Transfer the potatoes to a sheet pan and spread out into an even layer.
Bake for 25 minutes, then flip the potatoes and add the Kalamata olives. Bake for another 15 minutes or until tender and golden brown.
Remove the potatoes from the oven and toss in half of the feta cheese. Mix gently. Garnish with the remaining of the feta cheese and serve.
- You can use red, yellow and purple baby potatoes work well. I used a combination of the three. Fingerling potatoes can also be used.
- Yukon Gold potatoes and regular red skinned/yellow skinned can be used cut into quarters or about 1.5 inch chunks.
Calories: 224kcal | Carbohydrates: 30g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 588mg | Potassium: 806mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 90IU | Vitamin C: 23.2mg | Calcium: 66mg | Iron: 1.6mg