Creamy Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes are creamy, rich, tasty and easy to make. Made quickly and without draining, this pressure cooker mashed potatoes are absolutely the best!
Servings 6 servings
- 2 1/2 pounds potatoes peeled and cut into 1.5 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup . milk *see notes
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup Half and Half or more as needed
Place the potatoes into the pressure cooker (Instant Pot). Add the broth, milk and season lightly with salt and ground black pepper. Stir,
Put the lid on and turn to close. Turn the valve to "sealing". Press the "Manual" button and set the timer to 10 minutes. The Instant Pot will take a little time to come to pressure (about 5-8 minutes).
When the time is up (your pressure cooker will beep) let the instant pot pressure release naturally for 5 minutes. Then, open the valve to release the remaining pressure.
Open the lid and using a potato masher start mashing the potatoes right in the Instant Pot. Add the butter and Half and Half and keep mashing until you reach your desire consistency. Season with salt and ground black pepper to taste.
Serve or keep them warm in the pressure cooker until ready to serve.
- Potatoes cooked with milk produce creamier mashed potatoes, however you can use just chicken broth to cook the potatoes if you prefer.
- The recipe calls for 1/4 cup of Half and Half. You can add more if needed until you reach a desire consistency.
- For richer, creamier potatoes, use heavy cream.
- For lighter potatoes you can use milk instead of Half and Half.
Calories: 185kcal | Carbohydrates: 24g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 153mg | Potassium: 835mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 245IU | Vitamin C: 22.9mg | Calcium: 91mg | Iron: 6.2mg