Best Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes are creamy, fluffy, delicious and easy to make. This Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes are the perfect and most convenient side dish to serve any day but especially during the holidays.
Servings 6 servings
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk * see notes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 - 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup Half and Half or more as needed
- 1/4 cup sour cream
Grease the slow cooker insert with butter or cooking spray.
Place the potatoes in the slow cooker. Add the broth and milk and season lightly with salt and pepper.
Cook on high for 3 to 4 hours or on low for 6 to 7 hours.
Using a masher, mash the potatoes until smooth. Add the butter and stir to combine. Add the Half and Half and sour cream and mix well. Add additional Hal and Half if needed until you reach your desire consistency.
Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve. You can keep the mashed potatoes warm in the crock pot until ready to serve.
- Potatoes cooked with milk produce creamier mashed potatoes, however you can use just chicken broth to cook the potatoes if you prefer (1 cup).
- For richer, creamier potatoes, use heavy cream instead of Half and Half.
- For lighter potatoes you can use milk instead of Half and Half and cook the potatoes just in broth (1 cup).
Calories: 132kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 2g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 8mg | Sodium: 86mg | Potassium: 754mg | Fiber: 4g | Vitamin A: 95IU | Vitamin C: 20.5mg | Calcium: 84mg | Iron: 5.5mg