Coconut Curry Soup with Shrimp
This Coconut Curry Soup is infused with ginger, garlic, red curry paste and coconut milk. Loaded with succulent shrimp and vegetables, this tasty Thai soup is easy to make and ready in under 30 minutes!
Servings 4 servings
- 2 tbsp coconut oil (vegetable or peanut oil can be use)
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 5 oz white button mushrooms, stems removed and sliced
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ginger, minced or grated
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 4 cups chicken stock (or fish stock)
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tsp fish sauce
- 1 (14 ounces) can regular coconut milk
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 lb large shrimp, deveined and peeled
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ cup green onions, sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
Heat oil in a large soup pot over medium heat.
Add red bell pepper and saute for about 2 minutes. Add the mushrooms and saute for about 3 minutes.
Add garlic and ginger and saute just until fragrant. Stir in the red curry paste.
Stir in chicken stock, soy sauce, fish sauce, coconut milk, brown sugar ground and black pepper. Bring to a simmer.
Add the shrimp and cook just until the shrimp turns pink. This should take about 3 - 4 minutes. Do not overcook the shrimp or it will be rubbery!
Remove from the heat and stir in lime juice, green onions and basil. Serve immediately.
Calories: 305kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 292mg | Sodium: 2085mg | Potassium: 583mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 2245IU | Vitamin C: 48.3mg | Calcium: 194mg | Iron: 3.8mg