Korean Beef Bowl
This Korean Beef is savory, sweet and a bit spicy. This delicious and simple ground beef recipe is very easy to make, budget friendly and ready in 20 minutes!
Servings 4 servings
For The Beef
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 - 2 teaspoons fresh ginger minced
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- Cooked white or brown rice or cauliflower rice
- Seasoned thinly sliced cucumbers optional - see recipe in the notes area
- Seasoned Shredded carrots optional - see recipe in the notes area
- Sesame seeds for garnish
If you would like to make quick pickled cucumbers and carrots, see the recipe at the bottom of this recipe card (NOTES). The pickled veggies will marinate while you cook the beef. If you are not making the veggies, simply go to the next step.
In a small bowl, whisk together the sauce ingredients. Reserve.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat.
Add the ground beef and cook, breaking it into crumbles for about 4 minutes. Stir in the garlic and ginger and cook until the beef is no longer pink.
Pour the sauce over the beef and simmer for 2 - 3 minutes, stirring as needed.
Serve over cooked warm rice topped with the vegetables. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.
- Drain off some of the fat you rendered from the ground beef, if needed.
- You can substitute ground ginger if you don't have fresh. Use between 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon of dried ginger.
- Use pure sesame oil also known as roasted sesame oil. It is darker in color and more flavorful than regular sesame oil.
- To Make The Cucumbers and Carrots: In a small bowl, mix 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar, 2 tablespoons water, 1/2 salt, 1/2 teaspoon sugar. Mix well and pour over the cucumbers and carrots. Let the vegetable pickle while you make the beef.
Calories: 342kcal | Carbohydrates: 38g | Protein: 27g | Fat: 7g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 614mg | Potassium: 492mg | Sugar: 13g | Vitamin A: 95IU | Vitamin C: 1.8mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 3.4mg