Mexican Street Corn Salad
This Mexican Street Corn Salad is an easy and simple side dish inspired by street corn (Mexican Corn on the Cob). With the perfect blend of flavors - smoky, tangy and sweet with a hint of spice. This Mexican Corn Salad is always a big hit!
Servings 6 servings
- 2 12 ounces bags frozen corn, thawed or 5 to 6 ears of fresh corn
- 4 green onions sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/2 cup Cotija cheese cut into small cubes
For the Dressing
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Mexican crema or sour cream
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice freshly squeezed
- zest of 1 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper optional
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Roast The Corn (skip this step if using canned roasted corn)
METHOD #1: In a Cast Iron Skillet or Regular Skillet (frozen corn)
Heat a 10 inch cast iron skillet over medium high heat. When hot, add the corn kernels in a single layer and cook for about 3-4 minutes. Stir and cook until the corn is charred. You may have to repeat this process until all the corn is nicely charred.
METHOD #2: On a grill (on the cob)
Shuck and clean the corn. You don't have to worry about removing every piece of silk as it will burn on the grill.
Heat your grill to medium high. Place the corn directly on the grill. Grill turning occasionally for about 10 minutes or until charred and cooked through.
In a large bowl, mix the roasted corn, green onions, red onions, jalapeno, cilantro and cheese. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss well to combine. Serve.
Calories: 197kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 4g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 25mg | Sodium: 220mg | Potassium: 233mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 365IU | Vitamin C: 10.9mg | Calcium: 91mg | Iron: 0.7mg