Mixed Berry Clafoutis
This Mixed Berry Clafoutis is silky, smooth and fruity. This French style Clafouti recipe is scrumptious yet incredibly easy to make. Definitely a dessert to impress!
Servings 10 servings
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, at room temperature for greasing the pan
- 6 eggs, at room temperature
- 1 2/3 cups half and half or milk
- 2/3 cups sugar, plus 3 tablespoons for the pan and the top
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup flour
- 10 ounces frozen berries (I used Wyman's Triple Berry Mix with Wild Blueberries)
- Powdered sugar for serving (optional)
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Grease a 3 qt baking dish or Dutch oven and sprinkle it with 1 tablespoon of sugar.
Add the eggs, milk, 2/3 cup sugar, vanilla, orange zest, salt and flour to a blender. Blend on high for about 30 seconds or until a smooth batter forms.
Sprinkle the frozen mixed berries over the bottom of the baking dish or Dutch oven. Pour the batter over the mixed berries and sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar over the top.
Bake for about 25 - 30 minutes or until the clafoutis is puffed and just set.
Remove from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes. It will deflate a bit.
Serve with a dust of powdered sugar (optional).
Calories: 174kcal | Carbohydrates: 26g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 105mg | Sodium: 113mg | Potassium: 115mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 255IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 64mg | Iron: 1mg