This easy to make homemade Avocado Hummus is creamy, smooth and so tasty! This creamy hummus recipe is made in 10 minutes and can be used as a spread for sandwiches or for dipping veggies, pita chips and crackers.
Servings 10 people
- 1 (15-ounces) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, seeded and cut into big chunks
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped (or use about half of a bunch or less)
- 2 tablespoons iced-cold water (plus more if needed)
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
Combine all the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Process until the mixture is smooth and creamy. You may need to add extra water (one tablespoon at the time) to reach the proper consistency (creamy/dip). Adjust seasoning to taste.
Spoon the hummus into a serving bowl and serve.
Calories: 138kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 5mg | Potassium: 228mg | Fiber: 2g | Vitamin A: 60IU | Vitamin C: 6.6mg | Calcium: 13mg | Iron: 0.5mg