Quick and Easy Pear and Goat Cheese Tart
This Pear and Goat Cheese Tart is sweet and savory with a flaky and buttery puff pastry crust! A mixture of creamy and tangy goat and cream cheese, sweet pears, fresh thyme and a drizzle of honey makes this the most delicious fall appetizer or dessert!
Servings 6 servings
- 1 sheet puff pastry thawed (about 8.6 ounces)
- 1 egg beaten with 1 tablespoon of water, for egg wash
- 4 ounces goat cheese at room temperature, plus more for garnishing
- 4 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon honey, plus more for drizzling
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped plus more for garnishing
- 2 ripe pears, thinly sliced
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the cream cheese and goat cheese until smooth. Add the honey and thyme and mix well to combine.
Roll out the sheet of Puff Pastry into a lightly floured board. With a rolling pin, lightly flatten the pastry. This will make the pastry smooth. Fold over the edges and crimp down with a fork.
Brush the entire pastry, edges included, with egg wash. Spread the cheese mixture evenly all over the pastry but avoiding the borders.
Refrigerate for 5 -10 minutes. Remove from the refrigerator and arrange the pears over the cheese mixture. Garnish with small pieces of goat cheese. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
Remove from the oven and drizzle with honey. Garnish with fresh thyme (if desired) and serve.
Calories: 353kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 29mg | Sodium: 240mg | Potassium: 59mg | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 465IU | Vitamin C: 0.5mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 1.5mg