Wild Rice Salad with Citrus Miso Vinaigrette
This Wild Rice Salad with grapes, almonds and blue cheese is tossed with the easiest, most flavorful Citrus Miso Vinaigrette. The perfect side dish to any meal!
Servings 4 servings
For the Wild Rice
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup wild rice, rinsed
- 1 3/4 cup vegetable broth, chicken broth or water
- Pinch of Salt
For the Citrus Miso Vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon white miso
- 2 tablespoons orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup oil (canola, vegetable or olive oil)
- 1/2 cup halved seedless grapes
- 1/4 cup almonds, slivered
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions (white and green parts)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
To Make the Wild Rice
Add the oil, rice and broth or water into a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
Cover with a tight-fitting lid, reduce the heat to low and cook for 45 minutes or until the rice is tender. Remove from the heat and let it rest with the lid on for 10 minutes. Remove the lid and fluff the rice with a fork. Set aside and let it cool for about 30 minutes.
To Prepare the Salad
In a bowl toss together the wild rice, grapes, almonds, blue cheese and green onions. Season with salt and pepper.
Drizzle with the vinaigrette to desired taste and toss well. Serve
- INSTANT POT: To cook the wild rice in the instant pot, combine the wild rice with 1 ¼ cups water to the Instant Pot. Close and lock the lid and move the steam release valve to sealing. Pressure Cook on high pressure for 22 minutes. When the cooking cycle is complete, let the pressure naturally release for 10 minutes. Release the remaining pressure.
Calories: 368kcal | Carbohydrates: 37g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 577mg | Potassium: 315mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 145IU | Vitamin C: 7.2mg | Calcium: 82mg | Iron: 1.4mg