Tequila Lime Chicken
Tequila Lime Chicken made with boneless skinless chicken breasts marinated in a flavorful mixture of lime juice, tequila, cilantro and spices. A super easy grilled chicken recipe perfect for summer entertaining!
Servings 6 servings
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- ¼ cup tequila (I use silver)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- 6 chicken breast halves, boneless and skinless
- Salt and pepper to taste
To prepare the marinade, combine the lime juice, tequila, sugar, chopped garlic, chopped cilantro, ground cumin, salt, pepper and olive oil in a zip top bag or large bowl. Check the notes if using pre-made margarita.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper to taste. Add the chicken to the marinade.
Marinate for 15 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator.
Heat up a grill to medium high. Remove the chicken from the marinade and grill turning once for about 5-6 minutes per side or until cooked through.
Remove from the grill to a plate, cover with foil and let it rest for about 5 to 10 minutes. Serve
- If using bottled Margarita with tequila, omit the first 3 ingredients.
- Cook the chicken until it reaches an internal temperature of 160 to 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Allow the chicken to rest for 5 to 10 minutes before consuming. This resting period will increase the temperature by 5 to 10 degrees due to carryover cooking.
- The safe internal temperature for chicken is 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Nutrition information provided is an estimate and will vary based on the brands of ingredients used
Calories: 330kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 21g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 72mg | Sodium: 908mg | Potassium: 461mg | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 75IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 18mg | Iron: 1mg