Bionicos Mexican Fruit Bowls
Bionicos fruit bowls is a popular Mexican street vendor fruit salad served with a sweet cream sauce and toppings like granola, coconut and honey. This fresh fruit bionico recipe is a delicious treat and a quick and easy dessert sure to be a crowd favorite!
Servings 4 servings
- 1 cup strawberries hulled and sliced
- 1 cup pineapple diced
- 1 cup cantaloupe diced
- 1 cup papaya diced
- 1 large banana sliced into rounds
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
For the Sweet Creamy Sauce
- 1/3 cup sour cream or Mexican cream
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Shredded coconut
Toss the fruit gently in a large bowl. Refrigerate while you mix the sauce ingredients.
In a small bowl, stir together the sweet creamy sauce ingredients.
Place a spoonful of the creamy sauce into individual serving bowls. Top the sauce with fruit. Right before serving, drizzle each fruit salad bowl with remaining sauce (about 1/4 cup each). Top with your preferred toppings. Serve.
- Use ripe seasonal fruits for best results.
- Other fruit combinations can include chopped apples and pears, grapes, raspberries, blackberries, pitted cherries, chopped peaches.
- For a thicker consistency use plain Greek yogurt. Regular plain yogurt has a thiner, sauce-like consistency which I prefer for this recipe.
- Double the sauce ingredients for a sweeter dessert.
- Don’t cut up or mix in the bananas until you are ready to serve this dish. Bananas turn brown quickly after they are peeled and cut.
- You can store the chopped fruit and the sauce separately in the refrigerator. I don't recommend storing the fruit combined with the sauce.
- Dairy-Free Alternatives: Substitute the crema or sour cream with cashew crema and choose dairy-free yogurt such as coconut yogurt. Instead of sweetened condensed milk, use store bought or try this recipe for homemade.
Calories: 341kcal | Carbohydrates: 82g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 0.3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0.2g | Cholesterol: 1mg | Sodium: 59mg | Potassium: 437mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 58g | Vitamin A: 1883IU | Vitamin C: 61mg | Calcium: 75mg | Iron: 1mg