Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes with Maple Pecan Butter
Chocolate Chip Banana Pancakes are light, fluffy and loaded with mashed ripe bananas and lots of chocolate chips. This easy pancake recipe is the perfect breakfast treat!
Servings 15 pancakes
For the Pancakes
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed plus banana slices for serving
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons butter for greasing the pan (or more if needed)
For the Maple Pecan Butter
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ¼ pecans, toasted and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon of ground cinnamon, optional
- A pinch of salt
- Extra Maple Syrup for serving, optional
To Make the Maple Pecan Butter
In a small bowl combine the butter, pecans and maple syrup. Add the cinnamon (if using) and a pinch of salt. Mix well.
Scrape onto a sheet of plastic wrap and form into a log. Refrigerate for about an hour.
Remove from the refrigerator 15 minutes before using it to soften slightly.
This butter will keep well refrigerated for up to 2 days. You can freeze it for about a month.
To Make the Pancakes
In a medium bowl mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and kosher salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together the sour cream, milk, eggs and vanilla extract. Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix. Add the mashed bananas and chocolate chips and mix to combine.
In a large skillet over medium-low heat, melt the butter. Ladle about ¼ cup of batter for each pancake (I use a ¼ dry measuring cup for easy pour and to make sure all my pancakes are about the same size). Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until bubbles appear on the top and the bottom is nicely golden brown. Flip the pancakes and cook for an extra minute or until browned.
Wipe out the pan with paper towels, add more butter and continue cooking the pancakes until all the batter is used.
Serve with the maple pecan butter, sliced bananas and extra maple syrup if desired.
- Allow the maple pecan butter to cool in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- You can use cooking spray instead of butter to grease the skillet or griddle.
- It is important to cook your pancakes over medium-low heat.
Calories: 226kcal | Carbohydrates: 22g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 22mg | Potassium: 204mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 390IU | Vitamin C: 1.4mg | Calcium: 62mg | Iron: 1.2mg